Construction of a Tokai Love Rock Special?

johnh

I've been offered a Japanese made, TV yellow Tokai Love Rock Special with 2 x P90. Problem is that the body is like a 3 piece sandwich construction which looks a bit naff. The front and back seem to be one piece but the middle is made of 5-6 pieces. Can that be right?

Can anyone vouch for this kind of design? Is this a cheap imitation Tokai from Korea or somewhere that someone is trying to pass off as a Japanese model?

indravayu

I've been offered a Japanese made, TV yellow Tokai Love Rock Special with 2 x P90. Problem is that the body is like a 3 piece sandwich construction which looks a bit naff. The front and back seem to be one piece but the middle is made of 5-6 pieces. Can that be right?

Can anyone vouch for this kind of design? Is this a cheap imitation Tokai from Korea or somewhere that someone is trying to pass off as a Japanese model?

Ask your question at the Tokai forum - the guys there really know their stuff about these guitars. http://www.tokaiforum.com

- Chris

Jim Jones

Nope, that'd be Japanese, that body style is knows as "SEB", or "sound
effect body". You'll find the info at the Tokai forum.

Jim

hank

Like this?

Special-SEB.jpeg

johnh

Thanks Guys. Hank - that's exactly what it's like. You've put my mind at ease. Are those your own guitars?

hank

Mine is the last one posted. I haven't play the SEB's but I doubt that they are "bad" instruments. Check out the Tokai forum for more.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom