Contacting Bob Sweet from Sweetsound?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JDW3, Jun 18, 2006.

1. JDW3

JDW3 Member

I bought a Sweetsound Ultravibe a few years ago and it's had a few problems. At first the led didn't work so I sent it to Bob and after talking on the phone, he seemed a real nice guy and he sent it back, fixed. No problem.

For the last year or so the UV has been working only halfway, as in the sweeps are only half as long, and half in depth. The speed of the chorus /vibe is also halfed, until I reverse the polarity by manually unplugging and turning the plug around. And even then the unit will reverse it's own polarity in the middle of a gig, so I have to do it again!

Either way, I've been trying to contact Bob at the number provided on his site. After 5 tries with messages, it looks like a dead end.

To top this off, the on/off button broke last night! Went right inside the unit; the small light duty switch.

If anyone has a clue on how to reach him, or someone to fix this, I would appreciate it!

2. Lensrock

Lensrock Member

I actually got the quickest reply when I contacted him through forums. It took some trying before i got ahold of him also though. But, when I did he was very prompt and helpful. Very nice guy.

3. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

Why not post this in the Pedal discussion part of the forum, instead of the emporium? Bob posts in there sometimes. He's also on the MusicToyz.com forum quite a bit.

4. JDW3

JDW3 Member

Probably right, wrong forum!

5. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

6. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

I don't recall any phone calls, but then again I don't know who I'm talkng to here, but I always try and return calls when I get them.

I'm not sure what you mean by "polarity". Hum?
    If it's a hum, it could be either the input jack or the volume pot as they are the main grounding points in the Ultra, They should be tight. I have seen a few where there was corrosion on one or the other which could also cause a hum.
    My phone # and email are on the web site, contact me and we'll get it fixed up.

7. Gordon_Gecko

Gordon_Gecko Member

Dude... Bob is notorious for not answering his phone, and if he does WHOA man what a... :eek: oh... Hi Bob... How you doing buddy?? Beer??:BEER

:D

8. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

How about a Scotch?? :)

Hey, I answer my phone (when i can beat the computer from doing it!!).

9. mickey69

mickey69 Member

Bob,
    i just want to say how much I love my Ultravibe. You're the man.