• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Contours on a Tele body - yes or no?

lowyaw

How do you feel about it? Do they take away from the pure simplicity? or are those a long needed, and long overlooked detail to make great guitar design even greater? :)

Tummy cut and forearm contour are the ones in question :)

Totally Bored

I love them. I'm tempted to buy a new Fender American Tele because of it. The twisted tele neck pup, broadcaster bridge pup and the bent saddles call me also :bonk

dazco

100% subjective. No answer you get will help tell you how you will feel. But if you have to know what others think, i'd take them any day on the back. Front i don't really care tho no contour there is probably preferable to me for looks. But on the back, he|| yes. If i play a tele all the time i get used to it somewhat. But if i play contoured guitars for a bit then go back to the tele it can be bothersome.

I have a LP special with a rear cut but no front and it's worlds more comfortable than a regular LP for me. And it's not even much of a cut.

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
Tele with Strat contours.
Without them my ribs hurt.

pachap

I prefer contoured. As a huge Tele fan I am very thankful that there are several models with the contours.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I have them on an American Standard and it's very comfortable. The only Tele I've ever really bonded with.

rongtr1

I've played a strat for years-I would be more inclined to buy a tele if it had the body contours.

Tom60

Not for me.
I don't even like them on Strat, I hate how it wants to slide away from me.

ThePenwellCrash

Gold Supporting Member
I vote no, but it's really the forearm cut that I least like

I've never found a traditional tele uncomfortable, but strangely, I've also never found an LP comfortable - maybe the contours would help me there??

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I'm still surprised how much I like the back contour on a Tele.
Now all my builds have it.

billyguitar

When I had one built I had the builder increase the radius of the body's edges. It pretty much looks the same but helps the comfort a lot.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom