contributing factors still firmly in place ?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Dave Shoop, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Dave Shoop

Dave Shoop Member

Self inflicted example of sexual object marketing or simply another can you rip hard video ? Is this an example of using sex to get attention and when guys make lewd comments to her are they harassing or responding as she baited them to do ? I worked in an office where a few young girls dressed like this guitar player. Is that the new accepted norm and I'm just old or is that an example of things that lead to bad behavior by males ?

2. Suave Eddie

Suave Eddie Member

:facepalm
    Exactly which "traditional taboos" would you like to reestablish? And why can we no longer make judgements about right and wrong?

derekd likes this.
  3. sundog964

sundog964 Supporting Member

You mean treat everybody as a unique individual? Without assuming anything about their gender/color/religion. What a great concept!

4. sundog964

Well, when you remember that they are simply modified sweat glands, it can take the charm out of it.

5. fetishfrog

fetishfrog Member

I respectfully disagree with your first sentence. I'd say a lot of what was presented in rock that now seems subtle was actually quite overt at the time. There's also a lot of hip hop that is quite subtle. A lot of people miss this.

Also, I am not sure using innuendo is necessarily better than being overt.

Anyhow, same as it ever was imho.

6. sundog964

Well, even old jazz had "Jelly Roll", and the like. Subtle, innuendo. The Hip Hop that I'm exposed to is primarily on the road or in public places. I can't tell you the number of times I've had to ask some establishment to change the music, as it was inappropriate for children. They simply look at me with this confused look, as if they simply don't comprehend.

If this is what is now standard as talk and behavior, the problem we are discussing will become worse, not better.

7. burner

burner Member

I'm waiting for hoardes of men to now have the courage to come forward and report the sexual harassment they have been victimized by at the hands of women.
    Surely I can't be the only one.... actually in a workplace where I was victimized, there were also two others that I'm aware of.
    Taking that into consideration, there must be quite a few male victims Nationwide.

8. LDS22

LDS22 Supporting Member

where do you live that you are "assaulted by foul mouthed Hip Hop coming out of cars?" can you actually hear lyrics and take offense? wow.

something about this picture is quite different from the majority of hip hop acts, but I can't quite put my finger on it. glad your youngest likes it. she'll be listening to music 'not approved by you' soon enough

seajay and A-Bone like this.
  9. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member

Yikes!

derekd, LDS22, seajay and 2 others like this.
  10. circle_o_5ths

circle_o_5ths Member

Why would you want to have sex with someone not interested in you? What is the point of forcing yourself on to someone? It's just mind boggling to me.

I don't even talk about it with my wife. If she takes a shower and comes to bed naked that is a YES, luckily that is a few times a week. :D

11. sundog964

That would be the South Bay of the San Francisco area. Happened just this morning on the way to drop the daughter off at work. Guy in a big pickup windows down (39 Degrees out) blaring some hip hop about pu**y and bit**es. Could hear it through the closed windows on the Lexus, which is a very quiet SUV.

At least once a week near here.

Quantum Cat and Travst like this.
  12. Bluedawg

Bluedawg Member

I'm trying to follow your lead ... LOL

I'll be eligible to retire in around 2 years ... all I have to do is survive that long

:hide

Social Exodus likes this.
  13. great-case.com

great-case.com a.k.a. "Mitch"

Are we discussing ALL contributing factors here? I can't imagine any value in a conversation that isolates it's attention to only a few.

BTW: Banning any music form isn't an answer. Who'd think like that?

derekd and seajay like this.
  14. Sidney Vicious

Sidney Vicious Silver Supporting Member

I really don't see it as difficult - I love women - I love to look at them - I admire them as sex objects even - but despite all of that I have also known that I am to respect them as human beings - and part of that is not touching them - unless and only where and when it is appropriate to do so. I also know that jerking off in front of them is not something I should be doing - even if I ask for permissiron first - nor should I be walking around in front of them naked unless they are someone I am currently in a sexual relationship with. I think the notion that men don't/won't know what to do now is baloney.

derekd and EricPeterson like this.
  15. Bluedawg

Bluedawg Member

In the not too distant future society will bring back chaperones and complicated courting rituals :banana

:bonk

Sidney Vicious likes this.
  16. LDS22

LDS22 Supporting Member

mojo sent

Nevets, chrisjw5 and seajay like this.
  17. seajay

seajay Member

Did you clutch your pearls?

Nevets, chrisjw5 and LDS22 like this.
  18. LDS22

LDS22 Supporting Member

post of the week

Nevets and seajay like this.
  19. Quantum Cat

Quantum Cat Member

If you have kids, you know it's EVERYWHERE. It's in the music, the video games, TV, etc.... Kids are immersed in it. There is a general mocking and disdain for traditional values and a glorification of the negative, crass parts of our nature. It has to have a corrosive effect.

sundog964 likes this.