Control One BJF-S66 Headroom

tommyga

Has anyone gigged with one, yet? I want to use it at 4ohms (1-12" 4 ohm Speaker), and want to know how loud, and clean it'll be. I know that it is rated at 100w @ 4ohms, but..is that accurate?

Bobby D

With a 4 ohm speaker you will be quite loud:D

I have gigged with it, and have also used it as the “special guest” amp, and it hangs well with my pretty loud drummer.

Clean.....it’s a blackface kind of clean, so it’s not gonna be Lab Series L5 kinda clean. The cleaner channel does really well, and is a fantastic pedal platform. Once you get up around 7, there is some natural compression that happens, much like a tube amp would do.

It really depends on your gig - what type of music are you playing?

tommyga

What do you say, Bobby?
I play everything from Bing Crosby and Sinatra, to 50s , R&R and Doo Wopp..LOTSA Beatles/British Invasion, AND when people ask..we'll do 70s-80s, etc. The other night they needed to hear Highway Star, Smoke on the Water, and 2 Black Sabbath songs. I had used a Fender Deluxe 112 Plus (94 watt Solid State amp since 96,), but 2 weeks ago, got a new Fender Tone Master Deluxe. To be honest, I didn't hear much of a difference in Fender-ish Tone out of the TM, ..and it was not nearly as loud.

Trending Topics