Control2 via GSP1101 midi-thru to Control Axe-Fx

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by BSHARP, Dec 23, 2009.

1. BSHARP

BSHARP Member

I read a mention of this on a previous thread saying it works OK with the exception of the tuner. How about the effect switches, Wah and volume.

2. BSHARP

BSHARP Member

I get to answer my own question. For those of you that have both the Axe-Fx and the GSP1101/Control2 and are wondering about using the Control2 to control the Axe-Fx, this is what I discovered.

The presets and Bank-Up and Bank-Down switches work normally with the Axe-Fx. The Control switch can be programmed to control any stomp box function. The expression pedal(s) can be used to control any continuous function.

By combining the power of the Control2 and the two foot switch inputs on the Axe-Fx, you will get just about all the control you need with the exception of the Tuner Function.

3. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

Just a cool little trick if you go this route, add an ABY (Radial is my fave and only about $70) to split your output.
    Program the GSP for complementary dry tones and pan it center for a WDW digital rig with the AXE supplying stereo/wet tones.
    Control2 can be programmed for about any function on the AXE (except the above mentioned Tuner function. If you program the volume pedal function in the AXE, then you can just heel down to mute and use the GSP1101/C2 tuner as normal)

Between a GSP and an AXE, there's hella tone and flexibility in 3RU!