Convert Neunaber WET into Chorus?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by scolfax, Feb 13, 2012.

1. scolfax

scolfax Member

Can you turn the Neunaber Stereo WET into the Chroma Stereo chorus by using their software? In other words, are they the same pedal with just different software?

2. ChorusCrackpot

ChorusCrackpot Member

3. mjtripper

mjtripper Supporting Member

Yes you can, that is how I test drove the chorus before I bought it and have both now. They also just released a new version of the code for both so now there are three different reverb options and two different chorus options you can load. It's quick and easy.

4. brettmoor

brettmoor Supporting Member

This is brilliant. Makes buying Neunaber's pedals all the more appealing to me.

5. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

Yeah...wow, and I was intrigued before!

6. scolfax

scolfax Member

Sweet, thanks for the info people!

7. mjtripper

mjtripper Supporting Member

Yeah, these pedals rock guys - best I've heard yet and I have a couple eventide factor pedals plus have had a bunch of other pedals both analog and digital. His are digital but they have an analog dry that the digital effected signal gets mixed in with. They don't screw with your tone - at all - and the effects themselves sound great. I can hear digital artifacts on many pedals with my rig and these are pristine. Now, some people might not like the effect and hey, everybody has different tastes so that is to be expected but the actual quality of the pedal and signal path itself is of the highest I've heard. He has a good return policy and because it's all the same pedal running different code you can buy one knowing you can return it and literally try out all his options on that one pedal. After I got the stereo wet I think I ordered the chorus two days later. If you do try them make sure to try the different options because some are subtle and some make bigger changes. I prefer the LoMod option for the reverb and the with tone control for the chorus.

8. J D Miley

J D Miley Supporting Member

Yes, I just did this and it was easy. I was researching Chorus pedals and found out I could do this. My Stereo Wet Reverb is now , temporarily, a Chroma Stereo Chorus.
    Though I am no big bad monster guitar player, I am very picky about my sound and tone. VERY PICKY ! The Nuenaber Stuff does not mess with your guitar tone at all. They just add extremely good FX to your sound with out taking from it. Though I still have a Providence Anadime Chorus for the swurly & lezley sounding stuff, the Chroma chorus is what I will use 99% of the time for my Chorus sounds. A nice wide or subtle Chorus.
    Think Lime Light & Don't Stand so Close to me.
    I need no more Reverb or Chorus. I'm done.
    Now, do I wait 5-6 weeks for a Chroma or do I just get another Wet . . .? :huh

9. Zero G

Zero G Member

Yep you can. I tried to like the Chroma Chorus side of the WET, but it just always sounded tinny and digital to my ears. My old Boss CE-2 sounded WAY better.

10. coltranemi2012

coltranemi2012 Supporting Member

how do I get the software for this?

11. frozze

frozze Member

wow, i didn't know you could do that! It's about time I look into the Stereo WET!

12. coltranemi2012

coltranemi2012 Supporting Member

sorry...just realized this is prolly for ONLY the Stereo Wet...not the mono

13. scolfax

scolfax Member

I'm pretty sure that's right.

I tried it and it was cool. Like getting a free pedal, as long as I don't need both at the same time - which to be honest now seems impossible. As soon as I tried the Wet I knew it was going to be one of those "always on" pedals. Kicked my mainstay Deep Blue Delay off my board for the time being - I was essentially using it for a slight reverby ambiance.