• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Converting a Blues Junior to a head... who makes the cabinets?

brittwin

Gold Supporting Member
I was thinking about converting a Blues Junior to a head. Does anyone know who would make the cab to make this happen?

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Lots of guys.

Our own RL in FLA does great work, he did a killer 4x10 cab for me.

I forget his website..but if you search his name, his user info should come up. GREAT work, very reasonable price. (No affiliation from me).

Edit: here it is.

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/r/l/rlmott/main.html

Last edited:

johnboggs

I found this thread on a search 'cause I'm thinking about converting my BJr to a head. Just for grins, I went to BillM's BJr mod site to look again at the extension cabinet he made. Lo and behold, he's now working on a head conversion involving moving the tubes to the large surface of the chassis vs the edge where they normally reside. It's a work in progress. I'm anxious to see the finished product. Check it out:

http://home.comcast.net/~machrone/bjr/bjrhead/bjrhead.htm

Marc Roy

Check this company out!

http://mathercab.com/
Peter could probably make this happen. He builds head boxes for quite a few companies. The guy just does excellent work all around. I have one of his ported 1x12 cabs and love it. I'll be getting a custom 2x12 from him soon as well. His customer service is second to none as well.

woad_yurt

I would gues that together they'll weigh more because you'll have 2 additional pieces of wood the combo doesn't have, the bottom of the head and the top of the cab.

fantomius

Seriously?? How could it?
Maybe using some lightweight wood.

However, yes I think that couldn't be possible.
A stock bj weight 14 kg, in you opinion how much should weight the cabinet and the head individually?

I'm looking for an extra-lightweight combination.

Guitartim

Just another thought for the OP.

BJ's Achilles heal is the small stock cab. If I were considering a head/cab design, I'd make sure it has a much deeper cabinet and house at least a 2x10 or 2x12 config.

Another vote for www.mathercab.com for the job.

jcarpenter

Gold Supporting Member
Here's mine I got the oversized combo version to HRD cab diamentions. And yes it was lighter than the stock particle board cab that comes with the BJ. It doesn't even sound like the ame amp. It really does sound as full as a HRD but has a master volume with 15 watts so the volume is a lot easeir to control.

[/URL]

wi3465

Guitar Slut
Platinum Supporting Member
Rocket Cabinets built one for me a few years ago. He did have listing in the Builder/retailers section.

Trending Topics