Converting a Hamer Echotone from a trapeze to a stoptail.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by earthmud, May 28, 2015.

1. earthmud

earthmud Supporting Member

I just picked up this really nice Hamer Echotone and need advice on what aftermarket bridge and stop tail would work for this guitar? I know nothing about Gibson bridges, specs, or what bridges are compatible with this guitar. Not looking for super expensive or bottom barrel just a nice mid level bridge and stoptail that are easy to install. The guitar is a semi-hollow so don't let the trapeze fool you. The guitar is also 25 1/2 inch scale so not sure if that affects what bridge I need. I also noticed the string spacing at the bridge is on the narrow side because the strings do not line up with the pole pieces. Spacing seems okay at the nut. Is there a bridge with a certain string spacing that will fix this. I know about all things Tele but all this Gibson stuff is new to me. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gbanic

gbanic Member

Faber. Not cheapest but greatly improvement. Installed the complete set on my epiphone. Very nice and easy to install

3. earthmud

Thanks for the advice. The faber is a little more than I would like to spend. If I went with a Gotoh or Tonepros what measurements do I need to take to figure out which bridge will work for the Echotone? It looks like the Gotoh 1511 Tunomatic will work. Can anyone confirm this?

4. earthmud