Converting Russian Big Muff to True Bypass?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by twoheadedboy, Jan 26, 2006.

1. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

Hi there. I just got a Russian Big Muff PI for really cheap. I actually love the sound of it. It sounds bad in an amazing way. Problem is, it sucks lots of tone. I would like to convert it to true bypass. I just took a look in side and it has the 6 terminal switch. What do I need to do to make this pedal true bypass?

2. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

It would seem that I need a 3PDT switch. Any idea where these can be had for decent prices?

3. Toasted

Toasted Member

4. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

In case you haven't noticed, the diagrams provided at that link are very vague and confusing. I can't find the reference point in that picture on my circuit board.

5. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

Just as an update, I have the 3PDT switch now, but I can't find a clear wiring diagram or set of instructions to tell me how to wire it up. I need help!

6. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Why not just use that 3PDT switch you've got to build a small TB box and just go that route? I've thought a few times about modding my old Russian Small Stone to TB, but for me, it's just easier to use a TB loop....

Brian

7. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member

I guess if it comes down to it, I could buy a TB box, but i'd much rather just make this pedal true bypass. You're supposed to be able to, I just can't figure it out!

8. twoheadedboy

twoheadedboy Member