Cool Cat Pedals...THEY KEEP SHIPPING ME A FUZZ!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jumblefingers, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

I have ordered a Cool Cat Tremolo TWO times...once from Musicians Friend and again from Music123 and BOTH times I was shipped a FUZZ! I recall that others have had this happen and there is NO WAY this is an accident...not from two different stores.

I don't know what the heck they have worked out but I'd like to know if anyone has actually received a trem from a shipper. Oh, and the first time I also ordered a Vibe and THAT came just fine.

Really kinda sucks...

:worried:puh:tapedshut:FM

2. giggedy

giggedy Member

how's the vibe?

3. Jumblefingers

Pretty darn good....amazing for the price. Did not like the volume boost but quality of the vibe sound was great, Mix control was very useful and turned all the way up is vibe only. Cannot be beat for anywhere near twice the price.

4. giggedy

giggedy Member

hmm, I want a foxrox aquavibe, but wouldn't mind getting something for the meantime, and I think my application for a vibe would go nicely with a volume boost actually. How much and where?

5. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Jakeddy has them for $45 shipped in the Dealers Emphorium. I should have mine in a few days.

6. mooawk

mooawk Member

The same thing happened to me but only with MF. Ordered the tremolo a few weeks ago and got the fuzz instead. Sent it back to get the trem and today I got the fuzz again! I don't understand what's going on over there.

I don't think I'll order from MF again.

7. Jumblefingers

There is CLEARLY something funky going on as there is NO way this is a mistake. Now I am not much for paranoid theory but possibly they got a whole lot of fuzz and figure at the price a lot of people will just keep them and order the one they wanted too.

Not sure people know that you can insist they send you a PRE-PAID UPS tag via email so all you do is print and call UPS or drop at a UPS Store. If I thought I had to pay $7-10 to send it back for a $30 pedal I'd say screw it...sounds pretty good anyway.

Too many getting the same thing...a fuzz instead of the pedal ordered to be a coincidence
    :stir

8. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Sounds like they may have screwed up the UPC code. You'd think they would realize it though after a boatload of returns....:)

9. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

CF-1

CT-1

if you were looking at the shipping label real quick you might get confused???

Plus MF sucks!

dk

10. DaBlizzardofOz

DaBlizzardofOz Member

Musicians Friend owns Music123. My fuzz is going back tomorrow.

11. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

Send them back a Beringer in the Cat box...SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT! :BITCH

12. mooawk

mooawk Member

Yeah, I called them to complain the first time and that's what they did. I wonder if they'll send me another pre-paid shipping label.

I sent off an email to their customer service last night to complain about this. Maybe the results will be better? I don't feel like talking to them at the moment.

13. mooawk

mooawk Member

That just might be the problem and someone's not paying close attention to what they're doing.

14. Jumblefingers

I'd like to think it was just a stupid mistake but considering it happened to me TWICE and to others as well exactly the same way it just seems too odd. I still love to know if anyone has received a CC trem.

Clearly the people that run Musicians Friend a bunch of..:banana

15. giggedy

giggedy Member

$45 shipped? I'm buying one in the next couple weeks then, woo hoo!

16. jumpchamp

jumpchamp Member

def sounds like a UPC or a label problem. a warehouse as large as MF most certainly has a ton of things automated. if a machine is told to go pick a box out, it's just going to go find that code. if someone input the wrong number, then the machine will likely grab the first one it finds.

i'm sure it's not a conspiracy theory to give people fuzzes :) that being said, they should be responding to multiple returned orders for the same problem. i'd be willing to bet they get it ironed out soon.

17. drolling

drolling Member

Hey! I've been trying very, very hard not to buy any more pedals (so what am I doing here:jo:NUTS??), but that 'vibe's really tempting - Anyone compared it to the early Dano-mini "Chicken Salad"??? That was a great sounding pedal for 29 bucks (as good as my early issue VL MicroVibe, imo, of course) but I eventually stomped the cheezy orange plastic housing to death. The buffer was a true "tone-sucker"' too.

These new ones are "true"-bypass, I take it???

18. giggedy

giggedy Member

yup, I think I'm pulling the trigger on a vibe soon.

19. DaBlizzardofOz

DaBlizzardofOz Member

My fuzz is on the way back right now. I hope they don't screw it up

20. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

Any of you guys get a chance to play the fuzz before you sent it back? I wonder if its a fuzz face style circuit. Pop it open and toss a few germanium transistors in there?

dk