Cool design I want to steal badly

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by MONSTER ZERO, May 29, 2015.

1. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

There's a guy in my town that designed this wooden thing that doubles as a slant stand for a open back 2x12 combo and has like this huge wide port on the bottom of it (almost like a huge horn) that gives the amp this 3d type sound and gives it more bass. He wont build me one or let me see the plans or the inside of it.

I WANT ONE!!

Anyone ever see something like that? I wish I had a pic but I dont.

2. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

3. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

4. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

I remember someone else made a smaller one, that just channeled your open back cabinet under and out front--no extra width, and as I recall it was made of ABS, but I haven't been able to find that one yet.

Ah--here it is. Apparently an earlier version by the same company:
    [​IMG]

MONSTER ZERO likes this.
  5. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

So not that you asked but here's the back story..

I was driving through my neighborhood a couple days ago on my way home from work and I saw a guy in his driveway with an amp sitting on some black thing. Me being the gear head that I am it piqued my curiosity and I pulled over and started talking to him. He had a Line6 Spider III 2x12 sitting on it and looked like he was getting ready to build another one because he had tools and wood and a saw horse out.

So I asked him what it was and he said it was something he designed for his own use because he thought his amp sounded thin. I asked if I could hear it and he said sure and we went inside with his stand thing and amp and he played through it for me. Then took the amp off the stand and played through it and the sound difference was very noticeable. Indeed the Spider sounded thin after listening to it on the stand thing. He put it back on and played some more and like I said it had almost a 3d quality to the sound. I told him I've got to have one can I buy this one?

He immediately changed his attitude and basically guided me out the door. I asked if I could buy the plans for it and he said he didn't use plans. I asked if he'd build me one and he just flat out said good day.

Eh I got in my van and left and went home but it made me pine for that thing. Hopefully that sound enhancer isn't too pricey because I want one. I had to email them because the "order now" thing was greyed out.

6. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

YES!! It looked just like that without any badge or anything on it.

7. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

So apparently Mr. Neighbor saw this thing and decided to make his own. Explains why he wouldn't make me one or sell me his.

8. laughingsam

laughingsam Member

looks like there's one or two on ebay for under $100.

9. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

Exc
    Excellent! Thanks for the tip.

10. loudboy

loudboy Member

Or he could've got a Deluxe Reverb. <g>

Those amps are one of the worst-sounding amps ever made...

A local shop actually sent back their first shipment, because they thought something was wrong with them.

11. MONSTER ZERO

MONSTER ZERO Member

Well the owner of the company got back to me pretty quick. He's in the process of changing manufacturers and sent me some files to look at. They aren't that pricey really. Between 185 and 325. Definitely getting one when they become available. Lots of good testimonials about on it too.