• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Cool find - Baker B1

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
Found this a few days ago, decided to take her home. Really nifty guitar. Has stuff I dig from my PRS (upper fret access) and stuff I dig from my Gibsons, namely the scale and block inlays.

I'm seeing a pretty wide spread on value on these guitars - any ballpark ideas as to what she's worth?

I'm NOT soliciting a sale or trolling here, just curious how well I did on this. Serial is just under 300, it's a 2001 model and bone stock as far as I can tell and incredibly clean other than the finish sinking a bit into the maple top, so the reflections have the maple 'grain' in them. Needs to have the nut adjusted a hair but it plays great and sounds terrific.

Going to gig her next Saturday, along with my usual Anderson and PRS regulars. Looking forward to it!

Down and Out in NYC

Gold Supporting Member
Always on the look out for the right Baker/B3. Killer guitars , Play that F'er hard !!!! Great find. The prices seem to fluctuate greatly on his work. 1800 low ( real low ) 2200 to 2500 average up to around 3500 which I think is a tad high.

winterblu

Silver Supporting Member
Always on the look out for the right Baker/B3. Killer guitars , Play that F'er hard !!!! Great find. The prices seem to fluctuate greatly on his work. 1800 low ( real low ) 2200 to 2500 average up to around 3500 which I think is a tad high.
This is right in line with what I've seen. I'm a very happy B1 owner, mine is in low double digit territory, even before Gene's use of CNC machine technology.

Bogner

If you drag it around the street and ding it up some it will double in price. ;)

cmatthes

Silver Supporting Member
Top notch stuff - I really dig the original Bakers.

I ended up scoring a good amount of "in progress" stuff from the auction back in '03. Still have enough to make a few primo guitars!

:D

1radicalron

I own a few early Bakers. They are seriously great Guitars. I love the 25" scale. Very comfortable to play. As with all Baker Guitars - Frets, Finish and Craftsmanship is all Top Notch. - Congrad's, That's a great score!

Trending Topics