Cool find - Baker B1

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
Found this a few days ago, decided to take her home. Really nifty guitar. Has stuff I dig from my PRS (upper fret access) and stuff I dig from my Gibsons, namely the scale and block inlays.

I'm seeing a pretty wide spread on value on these guitars - any ballpark ideas as to what she's worth?

I'm NOT soliciting a sale or trolling here, just curious how well I did on this. Serial is just under 300, it's a 2001 model and bone stock as far as I can tell and incredibly clean other than the finish sinking a bit into the maple top, so the reflections have the maple 'grain' in them. Needs to have the nut adjusted a hair but it plays great and sounds terrific.

Going to gig her next Saturday, along with my usual Anderson and PRS regulars. Looking forward to it!
11027500_10205392886440820_5842028277239443379_n.jpg

Down and Out in NYC

Gold Supporting Member
Always on the look out for the right Baker/B3. Killer guitars , Play that F'er hard !!!! Great find. The prices seem to fluctuate greatly on his work. 1800 low ( real low ) 2200 to 2500 average up to around 3500 which I think is a tad high.

winterblu

Silver Supporting Member
Always on the look out for the right Baker/B3. Killer guitars , Play that F'er hard !!!! Great find. The prices seem to fluctuate greatly on his work. 1800 low ( real low ) 2200 to 2500 average up to around 3500 which I think is a tad high.
This is right in line with what I've seen. I'm a very happy B1 owner, mine is in low double digit territory, even before Gene's use of CNC machine technology.

cmatthes

Top notch stuff - I really dig the original Bakers.

I ended up scoring a good amount of "in progress" stuff from the auction back in '03. Still have enough to make a few primo guitars!

:D

1radicalron

I own a few early Bakers. They are seriously great Guitars. I love the 25" scale. Very comfortable to play. As with all Baker Guitars - Frets, Finish and Craftsmanship is all Top Notch. - Congrad's, That's a great score!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom