• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Cool Irig demo on an IPad

mouzer

Larry Mitchell is one hell of a player. Kind of hard to hear the tones in the video, the string sound is about as loud. The UI is really cool!

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
I think I just found a use for an iPad! :)

randombastage

Gold Supporting Member
I'm leaning toward the Peavey AmpKit because of the recording features and reamping and stuff. Plus I read the amp sims are the best in a couple reviews.

Peter - IK

Vendor
I'm leaning toward the Peavey AmpKit because of the recording features and reamping and stuff. Plus I read the amp sims are the best in a couple reviews.
We beg to differ :) Truly, though, we've been making audio apps and simulating guitar gear for over 14 years. Even our previous iPhone apps (not just the acclaimed PC/Mac software we make) were actual audio-producing apps. So at this point, we feel we've taken that experience to the iPhone/iPad/etc. Now, in a short while we'll already raise the bar with the audio quality on top of that (like we did with AmpliTube Fender and AmpliTube 3 because we didn't wait for others to try to catch up).

Recording is coming, and will not just be a simple recording afterthought either.

With those things in mind, you might want to invest in what's great now and even better in the future and go with AmpliTube iRig.

About "a couple reviews" here are more than a couple about iRig: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irig/reviews - we've got thousands of happy customers with iRig and AmpliTube For iPhone out there.

Google is your friend. Larry is a well known pro.
actually I wrote this after an initial google search showed he had toured with Billy Squier and recorded with the lead singer from The Cars... and had some solo albums that I'd never heard of. I guess I was just expecting more... I can tell he's amazing just from that one clip, but was surprised never to have heard of him having followed guitar for over 20 years.

i guess there's well-known and then there's well-known.

p.snail

will the full blown amplitube 3 work with an Ipad? That with a USB footcontroller might be a cool guitar rig.

mentoneman

We beg to differ :) Truly, though, we've been making audio apps and simulating guitar gear for over 14 years. Even our previous iPhone apps (not just the acclaimed PC/Mac software we make) were actual audio-producing apps. So at this point, we feel we've taken that experience to the iPhone/iPad/etc. Now, in a short while we'll already raise the bar with the audio quality on top of that (like we did with AmpliTube Fender and AmpliTube 3 because we didn't wait for others to try to catch up).

Recording is coming, and will not just be a simple recording afterthought either.

With those things in mind, you might want to invest in what's great now and even better in the future and go with AmpliTube iRig.

About "a couple reviews" here are more than a couple about iRig: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irig/reviews - we've got thousands of happy customers with iRig and AmpliTube For iPhone out there.
midi controller input?

Gasp100

Gold Supporting Member
I wish my boss would leave so I could check this out.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......................

djdrdave

I picked this up a few weeks ago and have barely played with it so take this with a grain of salt.

But I don't care for the guitar tone on it so much and I swear with zero latency there is still a noticeable bit of latency.

On the flip side the concept is really cool and it is inexpensive.

I will try more and report, this is just my initial out of the box feeling.

Anyone know if the iPhone and the iPad versions are different? Reason I ask is that I have an iPhone and am getting an iPad as well. I am more likely to us the iPad long term but if it is covered by the same licence then I might as well go on and get it.

If they are different versions then I will wait

killerburst

killerburstguitars.com
Silver Supporting Member
Anyone know if the iPhone and the iPad versions are different? Reason I ask is that I have an iPhone and am getting an iPad as well. I am more likely to us the iPad long term but if it is covered by the same licence then I might as well go on and get it.

If they are different versions then I will wait
They are different versions, but they do have a free and an LE ($2.99) version for iPhone, so you could get one of those for your iPhone now, then the full $20 version for the iPad later. FYI, you can tell if they are one and the same if there is a little + sign next to the price in the iTunes app store. That means it is a universal app and will work on both devices (one license per user account, but any number of devices). And of course iPhone apps will run on iPad, too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom