• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Cool Los Angeles Guitar Stores (that are open on Sunday)?

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
My wife and kids are headed out this Sunday on a road trip to visit some relatives. Unfortunately, I have to work next week before flying out to meet them the following weekend, but that means I'll have all day Sunday to myself (but only Sunday) to do something cool and guitar-related. I had thought about trying to visit some of the "local" guitar sites (Taylor factory, Fender, etc.) but they're closed on Sundays. So my next thought was maybe I'd take a drive up to LA and check out some of the cool guitar shops I've heard of but never had the chance to visit.

Here's the tricky part, since I can only go on Sunday a bunch of the stores look like they'll be closed. No Norm's, no True Tone, no Time Warp, no Amp Shop/Bass Exchange, no Westwood Music, etc. I'm planning on hitting the Hollywood GC, Mesa, and Sam Ash stores. It looks like McCabe's is open also, so I will definitely go there. Where else would anybody recommend that is definitely open on Sundays?

KennyM

Silver Supporting Member
My wife and kids are headed out this Sunday on a road trip to visit some relatives. Unfortunately, I have to work next week before flying out to meet them the following weekend, but that means I'll have all day Sunday to myself (but only Sunday) to do something cool and guitar-related. I had thought about trying to visit some of the "local" guitar sites (Taylor factory, Fender, etc.) but they're closed on Sundays. So my next thought was maybe I'd take a drive up to LA and check out some of the cool guitar shops I've heard of but never had the chance to visit.

Here's the tricky part, since I can only go on Sunday a bunch of the stores look like they'll be closed. No Norm's, no True Tone, no Time Warp, no Amp Shop/Bass Exchange, no Westwood Music, etc. I'm planning on hitting the Hollywood GC, Mesa, and Sam Ash stores. It looks like McCabe's is open also, so I will definitely go there. Where else would anybody recommend that is definitely open on Sundays?
Really only the stores you mentioned. If you can get free Saturday TrueTone and Norm's are always my favorite's.

edward

Silver Supporting Member
You already covered Sunset Blvd! Be certain to check out the Vintage room at the GC ...no problem spending half a day in there as is! :)

Not too far from there is LA Guitar ...also on Sunset toward BevHills so it'll be busy, but a cool "scenic" drive that will take you past some rock and roll iconic clubs. Check to see if they're open on Sundays, though. It's a superb acoustic shop, and Ted is a super nice guy!

Edward

morgan918

ON the east side Caveman Vintage music near Chinatown is pretty cool (and has records). Also there are a few places in Highland Park on York that are open sundays.

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the responses so far. I was just looking at Future Music on York and Old Style by Silverlake, too. Keep the suggestions coming if there's anywhere else I shouldn't miss.

airportbar

I think Wild West Guitars in Pasadena is open on Sundays. Might be a good opportunity to check out that poncho tele.

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
Love the thread resurrection! I didn't get a chance to go to Norm's on the LA visit I originally posted, but did hit up some of the other suggestions. I have a week off coming up before I start a new job, and I'm planning to go up mid-week and visit Norm's and some of the other places I couldn't last time. Now I just need to start planting seeds with my wife that I might come home with a new guitar....

Trending Topics