Cool machine vs. Snow White?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Michael Minnis, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Michael Minnis

Michael Minnis Member

I'm looking to possibly kick my wah off my board. Any opinions on the Cool Machine vs. Snow White? Especially for funk rhythm? Also, how does the Snow White PCB compare to the more expensive version? Thanks!

2. cubistguitar

cubistguitar Member

no experience with a cool machine

my pcb snow white is exceptional

3. lv

lv Supporting Member

very different sounding units, with different functions. for my taste, i like the snow white.

4. Michael Minnis

Michael Minnis Member

To clarify, I'm thinking of the Cool Machine stomp. Is one more capable of replacing a wah than the other? Is there some other stomp out there I should consider as well? Thanks.

5. lv

lv Supporting Member

Just checked out the site (I had tried the wah pedal version), seems the stomp version does 'cocked wah' type sounds? Not sure if it does the touch sensitive wah type tones.

What I will say is the snow white was designed to sound like a wah pedal, but controllable with pick attack - I have tried a bunch of other auto wah types and I think the snow white is the closest to replacing an actual wah pedal. With the controls, it can do other things as well, but it really excels at replacing regular treadle type wahs.

6. lv

lv Supporting Member

7. Michael Minnis

Michael Minnis Member