• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Cool new compressor alert

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Just got a FX Engineering RAF Mirage Compressor from Fat Sound. Mike told me it was the best he has ever used and it is really cool. It doesn't squash your attack and at low settings makes everything nice and level without the pumping. I've had Keeley, Analogman, etc. and this one works for me. I used it through my Top Hat Ambassador, which is my live clean amp, and it sounded stellar.

Montez

Greetings Shane,
I am the designer and builder of the Mirage Compressor. www.FXENG.com is my website. My premier dealer is Fat Sound in Cary NC. www.FatSoundGuitars.com. They don't have them on their website, so please give them a call. They are fine folks to work with.

Thanks

drolling

Montez said:
I am the designer and builder of the Mirage Compressor.
Hey Montez, Welcome to TGP! We've got lots of builders popping in here to discuss the finer points of their products with players.

Like Theelectic, I'd be very interested to hear about your new pedal.

Montez

The Mirage is not based in the 3080. The design was developed from scratch. I basically threw away the book on compressors and developed a proprietary compression technique which I am in the processs of patenting.

My focus When designing the Mirage was Transparency and the natural envelope. I never liked compressors which inflict a audible squish or pump. The compressor should be felt but not heard.

The Mirage is so transparent that the natural resonances of your instrument comes up giving it a very three dimensional sound. It works well on both electric, acoustic and bass.

UnderTheGroove

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the heads up. I'd love to hear a sample that starts with the uncompressed tone and then switches the pedal on.

Montez

I'll be getting new samples posted soon. Please stay tuned.

Cheers
Montez

Top Bottom