• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Cool stores in Philadelphia?

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to be in Philadelphia next week for a conference, and wondering if there are any cool guitar stores in the Center City/Old City area worth checking out. I'm staying at the Sheraton Society Hill at 2nd & Walnut and not renting a car, so bonus points if it's walking distance from there. I've got some time Tuesday evening after I arrive, and a few hours free Wednesday afternoon, so I thought I'd get out and play tourist a bit.

Thanks!

MmcGrouty

There’s really nothing there. If you want to take a little trip, you can head to Roxy’s in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia. The guy has a ridiculous amount of expensive guitars, amps, and pedals. The real fun is if you try to buy something. I don’t think he really wants to sell anything.

sbrollins76

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the recommendations. It looks like Vintage Instruments actually carries a model of mandolin I've been looking at, so I'm going to try to get there and check it out.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
If they are still there, grab a cheesesteak or pizza at Gianfranco's, on Third just north of Market.

Bluebond Guitars on Fourth just north of South Street seems to still exist and you will want to check out South Street anyway.

Trending Topics