• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

cool takemitsu doc on youtube.

strata189

One of my favorite composers. Part 1 of that link is from a movie called "Woman in the Dunes" and a very out there film!

Randall

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
I am a fan and seem to always discover something of his which
I've seen before but had no idea the music was by him ...

Just watched Kurosawa's Ran and dug his music for the 12th time the other night ...
(it's a film I often share with friends who are willing to indulge my tastes in movies & soundtracks,,,)

Last edited:

jzilla

thanks neill!! what i love most about takemitsu is his concert music. 'a flock descends into the pentagonal garden' is one of my favorite pieces. been getting into 'green' lately. a master.

Neill

i found that bit about defining the nature of silence through sound (or silence having it's essence in a sound) interesting. i've read this before (likely) from john cage, but the paper analogy was 'enlightening'.

anyhow, i'm glad you folks enjoyed the link.

Trending Topics