Cool Zendrive experience

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by john b, Mar 8, 2008.

1. john b

john b Supporting Member

I ordered a Zendrive in mid-Dec. and just got it today. Not a bad wait. The mail came about a half hour before I had to leave for band practice. I put it on my board and left, never having played a zendrive before.

This was pretty cool dialing in a pedal while actually playing music, not just wanking at home which is what I usually do. Hearing the Zen for the first time at fairly loud volume was really cool as was dialing it in on the fly. This pedal totally rips, what a great first impression. It really worked well with the OCD and Liquid Sunshine on my board too. There's been so much written about the ZD here, I'll leave it at that.

Just curious, has anyone else put an unknown pedal on their board and go out the door?

2. Vintagegitar.no

Vintagegitar.no Member

I did that with a Durham Crazy Horse on a soundcheck for about 1 1/2 year ago. :AOKIt still sits there... :)

3. devnulljp

devnulljp Member

Good to hear - I got on the list just after you.
    Well, guy in a band I played with for a while years ago turned up at a gig with a new pedal that did one thing and one thing only--a fire engine siren thing. So, middle eights and ends of most songs that night were filled with a goddawful wailing siren like Firehouse by Kiss. Not exactly what you were asking...(can't remember exactly what happened to that thing, but it had an accident).

4. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Hey, I got my zen today too! I must admit I wanked with it a while before my gig tonight (I wear earplugs so I can't really tweak during a gig.)

Actually the only thing I can think of that I gigged without trying first was a Germania 44. It was one of my first boutique pedals and I got it from a guy on the way to a gig (must have looked like a parking lot drug deal). Showed up late, set up, turned the knob to like 3 'oclock, and my first solo with it....let's say it got people's attention....heh.

5. john b

john b Supporting Member

devnulljp: Good to hear - I got on the list just after you.

Alf is getting them out pretty quickly. It's about time the price gouging that some folks have been up to stops working. I was pretty psyched to pay $188 shipped and wait 2 1/2 months when folks are still asking $250/300 for these.

My impression from tonight is that they would be worth that too!