'Coolest' Guitar That You Own

cj18

I am sure it's been done before, but...

What is your 'coolest' guitar?

I'm talking about the one that you pull out and (figuratively) strut around like Mick Jagger. Or go full on Ingvey. The one that makes you feel good. The one that makes you feel like you are 200% better than you might actually be.

Nothing to do with actual ability.

Nothing to do with cost, or 'look at how rare this is'.

Just the 'awesome' factor.

For me it is my daily drive - my Schecter Hellraiser.

Yes, it has a name. No, I am not telling you what that is. But it is the one that makes me want to play every day.

What is yours?

64 Tele

1656593780569.png

PRS Custom 24 Wood Library w/57/08 in neck, 59/09 in bridge.
It was used when I got it. Only played on Sundays by little old lawyer.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
I guess if we’re going on impact factor, probably my National Newport. It’s the one guitar of mine that turns every head regardless of whether they’re a guitar player or not and you have to admit it’s a strong look:

Lt Dak

Hillbilly Ron Swanson
Silver Supporting Member
Lately, it's this ebmm silo special. I picked it up some months back.

It's a completely unremarkable, "plain Jane" guitar, but it may be my favorite silo of the four I own and the one I reach for most.

It's the best strat type I've ever owned, loves fuzz, is light, resonant, plays phenomenally easy, and has a cool subtle sparkle in the paint.

I can't think of much I'd change, including the pickups.

Pic from the retailer:
silo.jpg

Bluedano1

I'm not breaking any new guitar ground here- I deliberately have all cool, but cheap copy/clones of some of my fave Vintage guitars.
And I think they all play and sound great.

My coolest ones are my '97 Danelectro '56 U2 RI

And my ( got in November) my new Squier '69 Tele Thinline
Love 'em!

Attachments

• IMG_8558.jpg
    IMG_8558.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220628_192402.jpg
    20220628_192402.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 105
I am sure it's been done before, but...

What is your 'coolest' guitar?

I'm talking about the one that you pull out and (figuratively) strut around like Mick Jagger. Or go full on Ingvey. The one that makes you feel good. The one that makes you feel like you are 200% better than you might actually be.

Nothing to do with actual ability.

Nothing to do with cost, or 'look at how rare this is'.

Just the 'awesome' factor.

For me it is my daily drive - my Schecter Hellraiser.

Yes, it has a name. No, I am not telling you what that is. But it is the one that makes me want to play every day.

What is yours?

Without a doubt it's my Kiesel Vader. I've had it for years now and it still puts a huge grin on my face every time I open the case. Absolutely stunning woods, incredible ergonomics and playability, and killer tone.

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

skiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Think all the ones I am lucky to have are pretty cool, but will go with this one at the moment -- Jersey Girl Audrey-Giant:
5B26F885-5329-43E1-BF8C-D4898E8F3CDB_1_201_a.jpeg

Edit: Probably also this one, as it has a good story to it, and was gifted to me recently by a good friend -- '67 Gibson ES-355 (still cleaning up after some pickguard gassing occurred, and just got the new replacement guard, so going to get that attached hopefully soon):
2B55558D-A020-4043-B402-7FEF4750614B.jpeg

Last edited:
My silver metal flake American Series Tele never fails to bring the oohs and awws. It’s also my best playing guitar since I installed the Warmoth roasted maple neck. Compound radius + Clapton V-carve = plays itself.

Attachments

• F98247B6-69EF-4C09-B430-0D563D4094A3.jpeg
    F98247B6-69EF-4C09-B430-0D563D4094A3.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 88

Five Horizons

Silver Supporting Member
6E769004-00D1-437D-B7FD-79464CB25411.jpeg

This was one. Sadly, the neck fit had some issues (needed shims badly) and the soft coat body covering showed flaws and was a pain to clean. That and liking other guitars better tonally made me sell it, but it was really cool!

I’ve been a Gretsch fan for a while (I’m a big guy and large Hollowbodies are my comfort zone), this is my favorite ready to throw down guitar:

46016A1A-3292-4088-A514-8EB9A4692787.jpeg

I’m sure people are sick of me posting it, but I don’t care. I’m obsessed with this one. The chunky neck, the Dynasonics, the Bigsby, the relicing - it rocks and I pick it up every single day.

Last edited:

rizla

The "coolest" guitar I have now isnt a cool guitar, at all.
Its a cheap 2nd hand Ibanez AS103. But I play it more than anything else. I enjoy playing it. It sounds great and is nice to play.
If I could ever be bothered to gig again I dont think I would feel cool playing it. Visually it is kinda tacky looking, not very rocknroll looking.
Its just a cool musical device.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I’ll never take it on stage, but for me it would have to be my Urban Camo Charvel Custom Shop. I used to lust after Charvel/Jackson customs when I was in my hair metal days. Extra points for matching Chucks!

tXHNjUx.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom