'Coolest' Guitar That You Own

WorstBandNameEver

Silver Supporting Member
I recently bought a first-run of 6 Hamer BCR Junior in TV Yellow. It's basically new old stock. Super clean. It's less yellow in person, a little more yellow/blonde/cream and you can see the mahogany grain better too. It's 6.4 lbs. Apparently, the first 6 were all from the same lightweight board. It plays really well and sounds good with an SD Hot P-90. I will likely try out some other p-90s eventually but nothing wrong with it at all.

This is leaps and bound my coolest guitar, while far from the most expensive. I recently sold off an Eastman SB55DC/V, which looked and sounded great, but I could not bond with the neck profile that was a little too wide and a little too thin for my taste. I did not think one of these would come up for sale so soon after, but I guess things work out from time to time.

Attachments

• Hame JUnior BCR Vertical.png
    Hame JUnior BCR Vertical.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2022-07-24 212712.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-24 212712.png
    447.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

RicOkc

Custom built (by Ron Lira) Super-Strat style guitar with OFR Floyd Rose.

The neck is made of Wenge (Made by Schecter USA), the body is made of Pau-Ferro. Screws and hardware are gold. Duncan pick-ups, Planet Waves "Auto-cut" tuning keys.

It's a heavy guitar, but really screams.

Attachments

• IMAG0153 (3).JPG
    IMAG0153 (3).JPG
    273 KB · Views: 24

TAS65

I live in Texas right now all my guitars are hot wait until September or November when they cool down.

AppState82

I am sure it's been done before, but...

What is your 'coolest' guitar?

I'm talking about the one that you pull out and (figuratively) strut around like Mick Jagger. Or go full on Ingvey. The one that makes you feel good. The one that makes you feel like you are 200% better than you might actually be.

Nothing to do with actual ability.

Nothing to do with cost, or 'look at how rare this is'.

Just the 'awesome' factor.

For me it is my daily drive - my Schecter Hellraiser.

Yes, it has a name. No, I am not telling you what that is. But it is the one that makes me want to play every day.

What is yours?
The Hellraiser, quilt red and abalone purfling/inlays is sic! Schecter necks are the smoothest necks I have ever played. They are the best value in an electric guitar for all the right reasons. Glad you have one, It is Red or Black or another color. Post it!!!

I have many Schecter's and have sold, GAS, many. I buy only now and think the C-1 Classic is the best overall deal anywhere. Finding the illusive Green Quilt is a passion of mine. I have the See-Thru blue, Antique Amber and the Tobacco Burst. And, this is my second or third go around on these guitars. Introduced in 2002 and culminating in 2008 or 9, w/Seymour pups, neck-thru design for decades of sustain, some like the older pearl vine inlay, some like the newer abalone inlay and some think it is too bling. You can get lost on the neck if your not careful. The S-1 Elite pictured is a prototype from 2002, 1 of 1. This model was introduced in 2003 and came in Wine Red, Amber and then morphed to Blue, Green, See Thru Black and other colors. It was also available in the plain version of S-1 with no quilt or flame tops. Basically an SG Schecter Style!!!
2002 S 1 Elite Prototype No Serial #.jpg
Schecter Galore.jpg

cj18

The Hellraiser, quilt red and abalone purfling/inlays is sic! Schecter necks are the smoothest necks I have ever played. They are the best value in an electric guitar for all the right reasons. Glad you have one, It is Red or Black or another color. Post it!!!

Nice collection!! I want to get an explorer shaped body to keep my HR company :)

Post #185 for photos. Enjoy!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom