• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Cooper fx will no longer be making any more pedals

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
Guys this is obvious. He may not feel he is a good business owner, but I think we can give him enough credit to assume he will leverage his IP with either licensing (and moving into a completely new industry) or perhaps parlaying it into an employment opportunity within the industry. Of course he can moth ball it all if he so chooses, but I don’t see that in the cards.

i mean, this HAS to be in the cards right?

coop doesnt have to be involved in production, still gets cash from the deal, CBA makes cheddar reissuing a favorite and effs the scalpers, and all the people who want one can get one.

Your CBA scenario makes a lot of sense - except maybe for the part about “all the people who want one can get one”. Their intentional “exclusivity” tactic may be behind them, but the supply chain/production issues don’t seem to be. On the other hand they do manage to churn out the fv-1 stuff pretty well, so this could maybe become a runner in the near term. So perhaps you are right on all accounts.

For those playing the buy/sell game riding the microwaves of pedal hype, the alarm bells should be going off for “sell”. Everyone else can enjoy their gear or look forward to the inevitable next version.

aman74

Silver Supporting Member
I hope whatever he does, pedals or not - he’s made the right choice for his own health. Some people’s reactions on this topic (on Reddit and Instagram) have been vile. People, notably a bunch of entitled, spoilt man babies need to get a ****ing grip and understand that there are people behind pedal manufacturing.

Man, bummer this thread turned out negative. Maybe I shouldn’t go back and read through it.

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member
I may not have any of his pedals, but I like dogs, and, far as I know, his was the only company named after a dog. So now there are no companies named after dogs.

: ((((((((((((((((((

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
I may not have any of his pedals, but I like dogs, and, far as I know, his was the only company named after a dog. So now there are no companies named after dogs.

: ((((((((((((((((((

My next dog will be named Eventide. Or maybe ZVex or Source Audio or Spaceman or Spiral.

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
How about Pigtronix or Metalsonix?

I’m down with Pigtronix. But I don’t know the other guys so I’d better go find a thread about them and post “Who?” in it because that **** will always be funny.

aman74

Silver Supporting Member
I’m down with Pigtronix. But I don’t know the other guys so I’d better go find a thread about them and post “Who?” in it because that **** will always be funny.

I got the name slightly wrong. They’ve actually been around for a long long time. I think they used to just make an amp. It had A really filthy name, before companies were even daring to go there at all for the most part. I believe all their products used to have dirty names.

Odd company in that it seems like hardly anyone has reported on their stuff. The amp was really expensive too. My guess is the owner just did it for a side deal and was financially sound and not particularly interested if anything sold or not.

aman74

Silver Supporting Member

Hmm…one pedal is called the Assblaster and another the scrotum smasher. The amp has 2 F bombs in it…and this company now sells eurorack stuff for thousands of dollars. I guess he found his niche’.

cosmicevan

Anyone miss out on today's Cooper arcades card drop and have a ambient endeavors card or a pastiche card?

I *might* have 2 of the satellite cards. I saw these go up for sale yesterday and bought one. Shortly after I bought it, I found out it was a mistake to be listed yesterday and they were going up today. I tried contacting Tom to see if my order from yesterday will be honored and he never wrote back so I bought one today to be safe. I got charged both times so I think I will get both. I wrote in the message of my 2nd order to cancel it if the other order went through or just send me 2 and I'll hook someone else up.

Not sure what will happen. If I end up w 2, my priority would be to trade my extra for an ambient endeavors or pastiche card since I missed those, but if a trade can't happen, I will sell it at my cost (already have a person interested). Screw the scalpers. Hit me up if the trade is something you can do/would consider.

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
Hmm…one pedal is called the Assblaster and another the scrotum smasher. The amp has 2 F bombs in it…and this company now sells eurorack stuff for thousands of dollars. I guess he found his niche’.

Ah. The ****ing ****er guys. Yeah, they don't get a dog named after them.

Seance

From the YT description:

SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?

I’ll try do a little FAQ here of what I assume is on people’s minds after hearing this news:

Q1- Will you reissue the limited Generation Loss y’all made?
A1- No. we want to leave that what it was. BUT, we are definitely working on a new version with *many* new features and we are hopeful that will make the best Generation Loss pedal yet. You’ll have to be patient though, the release on that is probably 6-8 months away… it just depends on when we decide we are done. Knobs is helping us on it too.

Q2 - Will you mfg existing Cooper pedals?
A2 - No we are gonna leave those alone too. We do have plans to integrate some existing Tom technology into new devices… if it’s not already obvious, we are *VERY* excited about some of these ideas and also some stuff Tom has been working on for years that has not been revealed fully. The future is bright and weird sounding.

Q3 - Will Cooper be at the new shop?
A3 - Yes if this would not be allowed it was a dealbreaker for Tom (of course). Plus everyone loves Cooper because he’s perfect.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom