Copper Kettle - Chet Atkins Cover - Test Mix

JParry335

I listened with ear buds and I think it sounds good. Everything is clear. Guitar is up front where it should be but not overbearing. Backing sounds good as well.
Nice job Andrew!

MrAstro

I listened with ear buds and I think it sounds good. Everything is clear. Guitar is up front where it should be but not overbearing. Backing sounds good as well.
Nice job Andrew!

Thanks Jim - this is the version I posted up briefly before I spent a few hours watching mixing videos. I think learning to mix is going to pay off in the long term - so much to learn... I think just a few hours of learning the absolute basics of EQ'ing has already paid off. Just need to make time to learn a bit more. KiwiJoe inspired me.

So this is the version I posted up and would have been happy with originally it's very muddy in comparison and a bit distorted.

sixstringfuel

Hotdogs kill
Gold Supporting Member
Fonzie.jpg

MrAstro

OK so KiwiJoe told me that maybe I should pan the fingerstyle electric to the left - my god he has some good ears. He worked out what I had done in the mix just by listening... He's also given me some great ideas for further improvements.

@KiwiJoe Joe you are worth your weight in gold mate - thanks so much.

So here it is with the guitar panned over to the left.

Next steps is to perfect each track in terms of the playing and to add Dobro, vocals and banjo rolls to the fingerstyle track in a subsequent verse.

Phletch

OK so KiwiJoe told me that maybe I should pan the fingerstyle electric to the left - my god he has some good ears. He worked out what I had done in the mix just by listening... He's also given me some great ideas for further improvements.

@KiwiJoe Joe you are worth your weight in gold mate - thanks so much.

So here it is with the guitar panned over to the left.

Next steps is to perfect each track in terms of the playing and to add Dobro, vocals and banjo rolls to the fingerstyle track in a subsequent verse.

:aok That sounds GREAT Andrew!

MrAstro

:aok That sounds GREAT Andrew!

I am truly appreciative for you kicking me along and teaching me some stuff. I'm super excited about where this is all going.

I'm doing some hard yards and watching as much material on the subject I can. It will only get better once I understand it all (as far as possible).

Phletch

I am truly appreciative for you kicking me along and teaching me some stuff. I'm super excited about where this is all going.

I'm doing some hard yards and watching as much material on the subject I can. It will only get better once I understand it all (as far as possible).
I'm happy to help if I can, mate. I figure with time and effort you're obviously putting in with the music you're playing, it deserves to sound as good on tape as it possibly can.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom