Copper Kettle - Tiled Video

MrAstro

That is wicked cool! Your version is so close it's like double-tracked Chet, and it adds a cool chorus effect. Pat yourself on the back, Andrew! :beer
haha thanks - it means I'm just a parrot of course - but it's still fun to be a parrot and have squawk and a cracker occasionally :)

MrAstro

Well done, Andrew! Didn't know you played slide.

Your voice isn't bad at all. Fun stuff, man. :D
Most of my life I played blues incl. slide - fingerpicking is pretty new to me.

I'm just about to upload a video with all the instruments separated into tiles on the video. Everyone will be Copper Kettled out by the time I upload it :)

MrAstro

That's awesome! It's like pulling teeth for me to get one video clip and the audio lined up! :D
Hey thanks Badhat - it's right pain the backside isn't it. It's not perfect but it'll have to do. It's truly an awful process.

I even had a bit of slide in there for ya :) I've never tried Dobro tuning before so it was pretty alien - normally I'm just in the open blues tunings...

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
It gives me a headache. It's bad enough trying to figure out how to work garageband. :D

MrAstro

It looks good! Better than my Zoom Q8.
It has a decent resolution but the small lens limits quality a bit. Bright lighting in the room probably helps any video camera a great deal.

The most annoying thing is having to get up to reset takes. Then repress the record button on Logic. Very frustrating and adds pressure to get it right which in turn forces mistakes because I'm not as relaxed as I should be :)

JParry335

Well done, Andrew! Didn't know you played slide.

Your voice isn't bad at all. Fun stuff, man. :D
When I listened to this when you first put it up an image of Chet popped up in my mind right away when you started singing! I can't sing to save my soul. You did just fine.
And, now we're getting to see just how talented and versatile you really are.
I'm diggin' it!:cool:

MrAstro

That's a nice thing to say Jim!

I was very self conscious about the singing - I don't like the sound of my own voice (like a lot of people) so I had to be a bit brave, have a thick skin and not get embarrassed to sing... :)

Trending Topics