Copy Your Favorite Pedal with the Boss DD-500

zryder

This may have been touched on in a couple other threads, but I wanted to see what cool patches people were creating on the DD-500 that sound like other pedals. For example, someone recently posted an setting duplicating the 80s reverb from the Strymon Flint (can’t remember who, sorry.)

I’m new to the pedal and could use some inspiration, so It’d be really cool to see what’s out there. Feel free to post your favorite creations.

LordByron

The Dude abides!
This may have been touched on in a couple other threads, but I wanted to see what cool patches people were creating on the DD-500 that sound like other pedals. For example, someone recently posted an setting duplicating the 80s reverb from the Strymon Flint (can’t remember who, sorry.)

I’m new to the pedal and could use some inspiration, so It’d be really cool to see what’s out there. Feel free to post your favorite creations.
There's a Google Doc referenced in another thread with some really great patches in it, I've taken that and added some others I've come across here and there. I will try to find the link to the original and post it here. If you want my expansion of it, you can PM me but I don't want to post it here lest the original creator feel I'm taking credit for his hard work.

LordByron

The Dude abides!

zryder

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Some of those in the list are really pretty outstanding. The AD-99, Black Fountain and EchoRec are a few of my favorites, but there are some other great ones in there as well. :)

tremolo3

Brah…this is ridiculous. Well done.

What settings did you use to get that?
Yeah, it's a really great pedal!

• Mode: Analog

• Time: 355ms

• Stage: 4096x4

• Tone: +40

• Effect Level: 90

• Mod Depth: 65

• Mod Rate: 45

• Direct Level: 100

• EQ SW: ON

• EQ Level: +3

• EQ LO.CUT: FLAT

• EQ LO.GAIN: +3dB

• EQ LM.GAIN: -6dB

• EQ LM.FREQ: 630Hz

• EQ LM.Q: 0.5

• EQ HM.GAIN: +3dB

• EQ HM.FREQ: 2.00 kHz

• EQ HM.Q: 0.5

• EQ HI.GAIN: +3dB

• EQ HI.CUT: FLAT

• LO DAMP: 0dB

• HI DAMP: 0dB

• DUCK SENS: 50

Mr. Limbic

Ill play, heres an Echorec Multihead patch I've been very pleased with. For the record I don't own a binson. I used and loved the Catalinbread & Alter Ego x4 and other simulators, but I love this patch for some reason. Keep in mind you can set the tone wherever you please whether you want super bright percussive repeats or roll it off to get more of the multi head reverb vibe. Hope someone digs it

Binson Multihead:
mode: Tape
time: 347ms
note: dotted 8th
type: Re-201
tape head: 2+3
FB: 74
tone: +29
Level: 94
mod d: 70
rate: 50
d level: 100