Cork Sniffers...Sign in here!

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Hey guys, I'm always reading in TGP about cork sniffers from what I assume are non-cork sniffers. I guess anyone who gigs with something beyond a Peavey Classic 30 and an Epiphone Les Paul qualifies.

Anyway, those of you proud of your gear and taste in gear, sign in! :D

suhrbrutal

I think a corksniffer has to do only the most expensive booooteeeeek stuff, that only the affluent can afford. I own lots of expensive gear, but will never say I am a full blown cork sniffer. It says, looook at me I have **** amps, XXXX guitars, **** pedals, and if you don't have them, or can't afford them, then I am better than you. There are some people who have, and are making incredible mindblowing music with gear that would looked down upon by some elitists. They also would blow most elitists off the stage. That said I love my Landgraff amps, pedals, and all my guitars...

GAT

Landgraff amps....you're a cork sniffer! Welcome!

Waxhead

Hey guys, I'm always reading in TGP about cork sniffers from what I assume are non-cork sniffers. I guess anyone who gigs with something beyond a Peavey Classic 30 and an Epiphone Les Paul qualifies.

Anyway, those of you proud of your gear and taste in gear, sign in! :D
right you are then GAT - generally do sniff the cork on my wine bottles. Got no idea which paddock the grapes came from but I sniff it anyways... before drinking it that is :knitting

After I'm finished sniffin n drinkin I still prefer tube amps though ....... no-one's perfect :jo

neastguy

I think a lot of cork sniffers have nice matching equipment too.. or amps made out of redwood or nice matching racing strip on the cab.. ect... just thought I'd throw this in for your consideration... I find that they find that the appearance of the gear is as important as the price... cause you how many times when your gigging chicks and dudes come up and say " hey thats a nice matching rig you got there, it goes well with your guitar.. too bad your shoes don't match though" :)

Quinny

I have a guitar, amp & head made by the same builder in the same, matching finish. Where do I sign?

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I used to be, but I have realized that I play exactly the same on my $ 150 Yamaha pawnshop tele as I do my Tom Andersons, PRS or CS Fender stuff that cost up to 20 times as much...I could not care less about all that gear-based wiener-measuring anymore.

GAT

I used to be, but I have realized that I play exactly the same on my $ 150 Yamaha pawnshop tele as I do my Tom Andersons, PRS or CS Fender stuff that cost up to 20 times as much...I could not care less about all that gear-based wiener-measuring anymore.
I don't know, I see a Matchless amp in your collection! Welcome! :banana

Trending Topics