Cornell Plex Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Dharmajester, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Dharmajester

Dharmajester Member

I picked up a 45/50 recently and while it sounds extremely fine I notice that the bass and mid controls have no discernible effect on the sound.
    Signal is obviously going through them as zeroing all the tone knobs removes audio and putting them up returns it. However the volume introduced by the treble control (which works normally ) is double that of the bass and mids.
    Is this normal?
    Havn't been able to illicit a response from Cornell over this so reaching out to other owners.

2. timc

timc Silver Supporting Member

Nope, Not at all. I've spoken with Denis many times over email. Due time differences, I usually see his response the next day. Keep trying....

Edit: Based on my current 45/50, I clearly hear differences in Treble/Middle/Bass. Now, it's not quite like a Fender, it's more like the older late 60 early 70's Marshalls, but much much more noticeable. Purely subjective though.....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  3. Braciola

Braciola Silver Supporting Member

I've had a couple of Cornell 45/50's in the past.
    From what I remember, that's sounds about normal- the tone knobs are discernible if you have a good ear and listen closely, but are not as pronounced as in other amps.
    (it was many years ago, so I wouldn't say I'm 100%)