Cornford

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Robroy, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Robroy

Robroy Member

I would like to know if there are any Cornford owners and/or Dealers in North Carolina? I am interested in the Hellcat and the MK II. I would like to know if anyone has had any reliability issues with these amps? Also is there a US amp equivilent to the Cornford? Amy help will be mucho appreciated.

Peace,
    Robroy

2. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

Im a Cornford owner , mine is the Hellcat head . Cornford amps are handbuilt like swiss watches. If you saw the PTP job the guys in Weymouth do your jaw would hang slack as mine did. Build quality is peerless, tones are of the highest quality and these amps are built with a pride and a passion. I have spoken to Martin Kidd at Cornford many times , he is the designer of the MK50H and the Hellcat and I think the kotzen as well , heck of a guy who is only too glad to help and is very concerned that those Cornford amps exceed your expectations with ease.

Ive found my tone and it is Cornford,Ive had 2 unreliable pieces of junk in DSL50 and DSL100 within the last year alongside my Hellcat. The performance gap is about as wide as you can feasibly imagine in every area.

My 2nd amp will be a MK50H , these amps are world class in all respects if you are considering going to try Cornford, bring your wallet because you will want to take a slice of excellence in amp building that is cornford home with you.

thats my Hellcat beside my 2001 R9 sitting on a Marshall 2x12, nowadays Ive got the Cornford 2x12 as well and the Hellcat / Cornford 2x12 / Marshall 2x12 combination just kicks arses !!

[​IMG]

I wish you the best

jimmy

3. Robroy

Robroy Member

Come on. There has got to be some others out there who play Cornfords?
    robroy

4. Hi, We have a dealer in South Carolina, they are; Musicians Supply, 7001 St Andrews Road, Columbia, SC29212, Phone 803 732 6900. Not to sure if that is near or far but its next door to you on our map :)

Hey Jimmy, great to hear you are loving your Hellcat:dude

Take care
    guys

PC

5. Guitar James

Guitar James Member

Great to have you here Mr Cornford, Can't wait to try out the RK100 ASAP:dude

6. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

My pleasure Paul :dude

Cornford are THE best amps to come out of the UK in a long time. Amplification to take on the very best that the world has to offer.You keep on making em the way you do Paul , handbuilt 100% and no machines doing the work of human hands, and you will have a loyal customer in me for sure dude.

jimmy

7. trisonic

trisonic Member

Hi, Paul!

Have you moved from Kent to Weymouth then?
    Shame about the exchange rate right now - a lot of people over here think your amps are expensive but they haven't had a chance to look inside........

All the best, Pete.

8. Thank you for you kind welcome:)

We are really proud of the RK, it has had some stunning reviews in the guitar mags of late:dude

take care

PC

9. Thanks so much Jimmy for your kind words:)

I think you need a new gear pic with your proper cab in;) :)

PC

10. Still behind Tesco's in Whitstable we have just moved to 56/57 from 48 though, bit more space YUM YUM,

I have had a few US stores say to me that the amps are expensive?? which I don't really get, if you look at a Soldano SLO at $3299 then an MK50 at $2995 the totally hand made MK that has to come from England and have all of the US import duties etc paid I think the MK is great value, at the current exchange rate the MK for instance is only £100 or so more expensive than in the US, the SLO over here is £3295 which comes out to around $6000,

Take care Pete,

PC

11. big hair

big hair Member

full agreement Paul
    I'm absolutely sick of getting ripped of with US stuff in the UK, yet seeing equivalent UK items selling quite reasonably in the US.

12. rocketboss

rocketboss Supporting Member

Hello Paul,

Its Nick! How have you been? I'd like to tell everyone that the RK 100 is a monster of an amp. It was my favorite piece of gear at NAMM this year! Fantastic master volume amp!

13. Guitar James

Guitar James Member

I've heard many people say that the RK100 was the amp of the show. And it is not helping the GAS at all:D
    BTW how is the Wizard coming on? Done any gigs with it yet?

14. Yep its an odd one and no mistake, I think our US Bro's get a pretty good ride on the gear prices, I nearly bought a MM Axis Supersport in Sam Ash's sale in Hollywood in January, $779.00 (it did have a little ding on the headstock), same guitar here about £1300, that like $2400.

Talk soon

Paul

15. Hey Nick, good to hear from you, thank for your kind words as always, stay in touch, PC

16. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

Wouldn't the amp to compare to the SLO be the RK100?

17. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

RK100 and SLO100 .............jeez if you could only try those both out side by side...........stuff dreams are made out of......truly

jimmy

18. dephazer

dephazer Member

Last saturday I had the chance to compare my MK50-h to the SLO100 side by side on the same cabs. The Cornford sounded wider, more open while the Soldano was a bit more defined. Lead channels compared was that the Cornford had a bit more bite.
    Both amps are abolutely great but I liked my MK50-H more even tho I thought I would like the Soldano more...