• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Cornish and Dumbloid sound-alike K-Series pedals by King Amps

Ron

Silver Supporting Member
New K-Series Effects From King Amplifiers, Pleasanton, CA

I've developed sound-alike pedals for the Cornish SS-2, G-2 and P-1 and the Dumbloid overdrive. These aren't clones (circuits copied from original pedals), rather they use the same architectures as the originals (either Tube Screamer or Big Muff) and tuned to achieve very similar sounds, but at a much more affordable price.

The K1, K2 and K3 are sound-alikes for the Cornish pedals and are built in 125B-sized boxes to better fit your pedal board. They use high quality PC boards and components, such as NOS Fairchild 2N5088 transistors. The K1 adds a mini toggle switch to turn on or off the clipping diode limiter (low level, high level, or off), while other controls are the same as their Cornish counterparts.

The KHG is a Dumbloid sound-alike pedal build in a 1590 size box like the original Shin version, and uses a high quality PC board. The Presence and Tone controls are independent, so you can add bass and presence at the same time.

I use high quality parts, powder-coated boxes (unless otherwise stated), and excellent workmanship. A lot of work has gone into the sound of the K-Series pedals. PM me with your e-mail address for a copy of the operating instructions that have a description of these pedals.

Prices will be $160 shipped for the K1, K2 and K3 to the first 5 purchasers, and $185 subsequently. The KHG will be $195 shipped. I accept payment by PayPal.

I don't plan on posting sounds clips unless one of the initial buyers wants to do it, so these purchasers will have to make a leap of faith.

Following the design prototypes and pre-production prototypes, here at last are pix of the first K1 Overdrive, K3 Fuzz, and KHG High Gain lead pedals:

KHG High Gain Lead (in purple sparkle):

First K1 Overdrive and K3 Fuzz Pedals:

Prototypes on my pedal board:

Last edited:

Ron

Silver Supporting Member
I'm now building these pedals and have one KHG ("Dumbloid") pedal available immediately. Please PM me to place your order for a K1, K2, K3 or KHG. These pedals sound really great!

Last edited:

Ron

Silver Supporting Member
It sounds like the Dumbloid and Big Bloom, so look for clips on YouTube. One KHG is available now.

Last edited:

arnie65

Gold Supporting Member
It sounds like the Dumbloid and Big Bloom, so look for clips on YouTube.

Ron, I get what you're saying but those two pedals don't sound the same. The "Dumbloid" is a lot tighter in the lows and has more defined mids. It'd be nice to get at least an audio clip of what it really sounds like.

Arnie..
arnie65@earthlink.net

Mark Kane

Platinum Supporting Member
I haven't been able to spend as much time with my new K-1 and K-3 pedals as I'd like. Early indications though have me smiling!! These totally live up to Ron's description. Very well put together and sound just great.

I sold all my Cornish pedals over 5 years ago but used in the same context, thru the same amps, these do the same thing. Ron hit it out of the park IMO.

Stevo57

K3 ordered this afternoon and in the mail tomorrow. Can't beat that kind of service!

Tzirfigu

This pedal has great tone and zero noise. I didnt liked the hi gain settings, but loved its low to medium gain.

I dont know if it is a TS clone, nor what a Bloom means, neither had the pleasure to play a "d" amp, but Im planning to buy again from this seller because of the quality of his pedals.

Im happy I pulled the trigger.

Saludos from Mexico!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom