• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Cornish Boxes poll

Which Cornish Box do you like more

• Big Box

• Small Box

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dashface

I got the big boxes because they just plain look right. And by right I mean righteous.

GASaholic

Big boxes w/ chicken knobs look solid. I don't know why but to me, while being more real-estate economical, the smaller ones seem to look like their wide base knobs are too close together and could possibly come undone by an errant foot. I don't really think they are flimsy of course - just purely going by aesthetic impressions.

coolhand78

Aesthetically I prefer the large grey boxes...
But practicality seems to rule ATM as I've just ordered 3 of the small batt-free pedals...

robcollins

the larger gray ones.

I prefer chickenhead controls to the fendery ones on the battery free enclosures.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Smaller boxes. I don't use batteries=space savings. Consistent dimensions=better pedalboard management. Sound/tone is the same as the larger box.

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
I've always associated Cornish pedals with the "regular" look, which gets my vote. Not really like the black box design, nor the Fender-type knobs. That said, size is a factor to consider and being that most folks use power supplies, a battery-free smaller grey box would be ideal!

durbanpoison

I prefer the big box look and the option of using batteries, but I would prefer to have the numbered "Fender" knobs, rather than the standard chicken head knobs.

KennyM

Silver Supporting Member
Like the looks of the old greys, but can't beat the small box ergonomics. If I could find some smaller chicken heads to fit I'd be 100% happy. Much harder to see your settings with the Fender knobs.

Went from this

To This

lv

Silver Supporting Member
small boxes. thankfully both sizes sound great.

stratguy23

I prefer the small because they are smaller (duh) and have top mounted jacks for my pedalboard, but I do think the bigger ones have the classic look. But still, I prefer the old because pedalboard utility is more important for me than overall looks.

cpricecpa

I like the smaller boxes better but those Fender knobs are very dominating (could be a positive thing for some).

Stratm69

Cornish boxes are safe.

But anything else that's barely bigger than a Boss pedal, I get the cliche "I don't have a square to spare" type response when trying to do various trades and etc...

I don't get this place sometimes... :bonk

Then again, if you're dishing out $800+ for a single effect then you better damn well make room for it! :)