Cornish P-1

Derelict King

What do you guys think one of these would go for...assuming you could even find one?

I have never seen one for sale, hence the question.

Consider it a conversation piece as I try to kill the next few hours at work :D

DK

coolhand78

You would paywell over $1000 for one if you could find one on the second hand Market but they very rarely come up... Best to contact pete direct and order one. The waits generally aren't as long as ppl say...

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
The wait for the distorts is a bit over a year right now. Is Pete still making the P-1? I know that the P-2 is an option.

hurleysurf

My thinking was he quit making the P-1, so I imagine the price would be whatever someone was willing to pay for such an elusive piece. I guess he could be potentially making them for people who ask though (like the T.E.S. that he also "quit making").

57special

Silver Supporting Member
$1000-1500. At the higher range if it's got the original box, papers, and is Mint.

redeyeflight

I'm on the list for a P-2...I had a direct email conversation with cornish and he stated that the he considered the P-1 to be pretty much the same as the P-2 only the tone stack was different (and to him inferior) than the P-2. I didn't look back and decided to order the P-2...although I would imagine a P-1 would probably go for more money than a P-2 on the used market due to rarity and "mojo."

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
Does anyone around here actually own a P-1 and could enlighten us on how it sounds and compares to the P-2?

g.griffith

The P-2 has more gain and delivers a smoother distortion, though it is indeed a fuzz unit. The P-1 is much more classic muff-like; more unruly, different pronounced mids than the P-2 and slightly less gain. Both are great units and are different enough to keep both on the ol' pedal board.

Trending Topics