Corsa LP-Style Guitars

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Jedi, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Jedi

Jedi Member

Just wondering if anyone has played one of these or own one? They appear to be really lightweight...I am assuming they are chambered? Not a lot of info out there about them. :huh Thanks!

2. argylespots

argylespots Supporting Member

i looked at their website and they look really nice for a great price. apparently the way it is chambered has a lot to with the tone along with the pickups.

3. Jedi

Jedi Member

Thanks...anybody own one of these out there?

4. fronobulax

fronobulax Silver Supporting Member

Bump. I'm interested in anyone's experience, too.

5. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Me as well.... A truly hand made LP for $2400!!!

6. incubator

incubator Member

I tried my friends Corsa LCPG-P026 last week.( 6 lbs., 14 oz. (3.12 Kg.), 60s neck.). A really nice and light guitar. A/B tested it with a R9. Great sustain, and a little more "airy" and crisp sound compared with the Gibson. I am gonna buy one of Corsa's LCPG's, but I want a 59 neck. Great workmanship, and offcource a great PG sound...

7. Scott L

Scott L Gold Supporting Member

I own 3 Corsas and love them.

The owner is also a great player who's owned some of the finest vintage Les Pauls so he knows what the benchmark is and IMHO offers a tremendous product.

I originally had one of his modded Gibsons that after getting my 1st Corsa, I ended up selling off to and ordering my second. The latest one has the Jimmy Page mod on it- 21 way tone switching.

http://cvguitars.com/LCPG/Galleries_LCPG/LCPG-P025/index.html

Bang for the buck is unbelievable. Tone to the bone. Impeccable fretwork and fit and finish are spectacular. The cambering is his own design and gives super sustain and volume. The pickup are very articulate with excellent string separation.

The best part is you spec your own guitar - neck, top, color, knobs, finish and switching / wiring. After all that Corsa gives you a satisfaction guarantee - does it get any better?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. emjee

emjee Member

the website says 3k. Or did I misread?

9. pcovers

pcovers Member

10. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

Are these guitars on par with Gibson Historic LPs?

11. Scott L

$3000 is for the upper end Manalishi version which adds: Full / High Gloss top, Brazilian Fretboard, Holly Headstock, Inlayed Logo and a 50s style custom case.

This mine :) - #15

[​IMG]

wilto likes this.
  12. Scott L

From what aspect? Tone, listen to the clips - your the best judge of what you like. I've A/B mine against several Historics on top of the line amps - Two Rock, /13, Fender CS, Fuch's, Carr and Vintage gear and felt no only did mine sound better, but played much better.

Craftmanship is excellent, but these are built for players, not to be case queens.

Fretwork is top shelf, electronics and hardware are impeccable.

Price, less than Gibson's new 2012 Standard and your getting a Custom Spec / Hand Built guitar. A plain top VOS 58 RI starts at 3700 and now comes with a 2 ply laminated Indian Rosewood fingerboard.

This is a one piece top Manalishi that sold for $3300 - You'd be hard pressed to find this quality of a top on anything less than a $7500 R9.

[​IMG]

Good players with experience that have plugged my Corsas have been blown away - good teachers, excellent techs, session / touring pros, and serious collectors too.

I've got more gear than can justify by any means, but that did not stop me from ordering my Corsas. They were bought to be played by me, not coveted by others. What the Historic has over these is the " Big Dick " envy factor. Whip out a killer topped Historic and everyone knows you dropped big coin and is impressed. The Corsas impress with tone and play-ability.

Slevin, wilto and born2lift like this.
  13. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

Nice generalization of Historic owners and fans there Scott.

14. Scott L

s
    Donnie,

I have a couple of Historics in the stable too. Tell or show someone you have an RI or a CS one off Gibson and they are impressed without hearing them.

The generalization is over the show off factor - Why are R9s at least 2 thousand more than an R8?? Not build cost. What motivates someone to spend 2 to 3 times more than a the same guitar with a plain top? Not improved tone or playability - its the peacock / I want to be noticed mentality

Buying a guitar from a small builder does not have cache on the street. The motivation is a great sounding player in your hands.

born2lift likes this.
  15. Ipressthebutton

Ipressthebutton Member

This thread is exactly why I need to stay off TGP. I have been looking for a Les Paul for a while, bid on a couple on Ebay but never won and was close to pulling the trigger a couple of times on guitars in the emporium. I saw this thread and...

http://cvguitars.com/LCPG/Galleries_LCPG/LCPG-P033/

It arrives Friday. Larry was wonderful to work with and constantly communicated throughout the build.

16. emjee

emjee Member

This is soo tempting! I completely forgot about this thread, and I was contemplating very seriously about Gil Yarron, but it's just too freaking much money (very close to 12k!) then I was considering McKay, but there was something about their tops I just didn't like. But these are just super sweet.
    I love the grain pattern on your #15 Scott. Just beautiful. One question, do they have Brazilian fretboards available?

17. Ipressthebutton

Ipressthebutton Member

Yes, the Manalishi model has the Brazilian board, Honduran mahogany body and inlayed headstock.

18. Scott L

Congrats... I'm sure you will be really impressed.

Some real cool mineral streaks layered in a top that seems to have a lot of movement in the flame too when you look at it from different angles.

[​IMG]

19. emjee

emjee Member

I notice there are no binding nibs. How come? Also, did Gibson ever use one piece tops on the original 'bursts?

20. zion

zion Supporting Member

Close to a trigger pull on a lefty. Help.