Cort Guitars ( Cortek ) now owns the Digitech brand

John Quinn

Gold Supporting Member
What difference would it make? Seriously - does it mean that Cortek will actually put out out the pedals on a regular schedule?

downburst82

What difference would it make? Seriously - does it mean that Cortek will actually put out out the pedals on a regular schedule?
Cort likely wouldn't buy the brand unless they intended to do something with it.
I imagine we will see continued production of steady selling classics but also a good possibility of some new product development... ( come on Space Station reissue! Haha)

monty

Cort likely wouldn't buy the brand unless they intended to do something with it.
I imagine we will see continued production of steady selling classics but also a good possibility of some new product development... ( come on Space Station reissue! Haha)
Fingers crossed! Glad is is a guitar-centric company that got them. Looking forward to some re-releases like the 250 now.

PhuzzphayzZ

LOL! Are you being serious?
are YOOOU?!!!!
:banana:banana:banana
woo hoo 12 knob Fuzz here we come!!!,... 120v Phaser!!!!,.... BOSS style BufferGranularWorkstation!!!!,.... 120 Presets w/o MIDI!!!!!,.... I'm takin orders for Tom, anyone?,...

BosstoneMuffFace

TZF ModulationWorkstation

DualTremolo w/ FXLoop

no wait!!!!! there's more!!!! now with every order EVERY PEDAL has an FXLoop!!!!

fuzz guy

I'd guess they'll keep producing the best sellers, hopefully with a decent build quality. Perhaps some new stuff, but who knows. :dunno

phil_m

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Gold Supporting Member
I’d be somewhat surprised if Harman/Samsung sold the brand and alone with all the associated patents to Cor-Tek. It could just be some sort of licensing agreement where they continue to produce and service Digitech pedals. It could just be they bought the name, more or less. I guess we’ll see, but I don’t really see anything new coming from this.

Last edited:

laurabaileysirishcre

Silver Supporting Member
That brand is so neglected at this point I don’t see how this could be a worse than its current Status.

But considering a lot of the talent is gone, I am not sure what they will really do. Possibly just end up selling Re-badge mooer/Nux/hotone products like other eastern companies do? Sell reissue’s? Hopefully something more than that.

They were doing cool stuff before everyone was let go. Hopefully some more cool stuff starts to show up in the following years.

phil_m

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Gold Supporting Member
This is a good thing. Cort is gigantic!
They’re gigantic because they do OEM work for a ton of brands. They have a relatively small line of actual guitars and amp with the Cort name. I think it‘s kind of a weird move, personally. I don’t see Cort hiring a bunch of engineers and sound designers to revive the line.

olgluefoot

I figured an official thread about the new owners was in order.

What do you think? Good news?

I for one am excited as it seems likely they will do more with the brand than Harman was ever going to do.

Discuss!
Did you mean Samsung? Because during the Harman years they released…

DigiTech: Polara Reverb Obscura Delay Ventura Vibe Nautila Chorus/Flanger Dirty Robot CabDryVR TRIO TRIO+ SDRUM JamMan Express JamMan Vocal Whammy Drop Whammy Ricochet Luxe Anti-Chorus/Detune Mosaic 12-String Emulator Freqout RP360 RP360XP

DOD: 250 Preamp/Overdrive Update 201 Phasor Update 440 Envelope Filter Update 280 Compressor Update BiFet Boost 410 Update Gonkulator Ring Mod Update Meatbox Subharmonic Synth Update Boneshaker Dirty Boost Carcosa Fuzz Looking Glass Drive Gunslinger MosFet Distortion Rubberneck Analog Delay Mini Volume Mini Expression

Whammy V Whammy DT iStomp, Impossible ePedal, Fuzzy, Xul, Half Pipe, Red Coral, Rotator, Hall Reverb, and Vanishing Point ePedals. JamMan Solo.

So…

Trending Topics

Top Bottom