Cort Hiram Bullock Signature II

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by blue_lu, Jan 13, 2008.

1. blue_lu

blue_lu Member

Anybody played it? specs look awesome for that kind of money (sperzel locking tuners + wilkinson bridge + graph teck)
    I'm looking for a strat style guitar that will get me early scott henderson tones - an I'm not willing to pay for a suhr - just too much money for me...

Gonna use it for funk, jazz and blues (in that order).

here it is
    http://www.cort.co.kr/english/products/common/view.asp?product_id=139

probabyl needs a set of new buckers - but still: this is exactly the guitar style of guitar I want....

so what do you guys think of it (the ones who have actually played it)?!

2. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

FOr the dough, they're not bad. Didn't plug it in, but wanked on one a bit at the last NAMM.

3. blue_lu

blue_lu Member

Hi Big Mike...
    I read somewhere else that these are supposed to be really heavy - did you notice anything like that?

4. big mike

big mike Fixed Bias Moderator Staff Member

5. blue_lu

blue_lu Member

thanks anyways. I already did a search and not much (actually nothing) came up.

I'm looking for a hsh strat - NO FLOYD, please... if anyone has other ideas (up to 1k) please respond... thank you!

6. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

Cort makes nice guitars for the money. For an hsh under $1000 I would check out the godin freeway.

7. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Supporting Member

Well my Cort is a different model and was $60 used.
    2000 Indonesia CL200

I did have to do some tweaking. I drilled out the body holes so the neck screws just passed through rather than screwed thru the body wood, opened up the nut slots, and worked on the positioning of the wrapover stop/bridge for better intonation. The grub screws for this face the studs, minor pain. Guitar is not light. Action is quite low, sustain long, and after tweaking intonation fine and stays in tune.Pretty decent guitar. I imagine a HB model is Korean and the neck screw holes on the body the proper "pass thru" design/implementation .

8. progholio

progholio Supporting Member

I don't know if Carvin is readily available in your part of the world but the "Bolt" series is something worth considering. I have a Bolt neck on my parts-o-caster and it is my main player over lots of production models.
    You could also go with a standard strat style and put single coil size humbuckers, my 3 main strats are loaded this way and i absolutely love it.
    Or if your woodworking skills are up to snuff try taking decent strat style and routing a "bathtub" cavity and use the pickups of your choice along with a pickguard from Warmouth.

9. PFCG

PFCG Member

id check out carvin, or id go the warmoth route if your willing to go the parts way.

10. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Cort also makes a Neil Zaza siggy model, and it also comes with Tonepros, Duncans, Sperzels, etc. The one at Namm played like crap. Horribly setup, sharp fret ends, etc.