Cosmichorus vs. other top chorus pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by edgie, Jan 30, 2012.

1. edgie

edgie Member

How lush can the Cosmichorus get compared to CE-1, Arion SCH-1/Z, Analogman Bi-Chorus/Mini chorus, and other perennial favorites here at TGP?

I saw the youtube vids(Bobby D's being my favorite of them all). While I can tell from the vids that this is obviously better than a Boss CH-1 and most other mass-produced pedals, it'll be tough to judge it against the first ones I mentioned as I'll only be going by memory. Been a long time since I had a chorus pedal. I'm more concerned than sound and feel so let's not discuss the other fancy features. Thanks in advance.

2. edgie

edgie Member

3. GASaholic

GASaholic Member

Intersted to hear about this also

4. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Well, I had a Cosmichorus V2 and a CE-1 at the same time. I love the CE-1's sound, but it's low headroom and huge physical size were drawbacks for me. I really liked the Cosmichorus and was able to set it to sound close enough to the CE-1 chorus sound that I used, when needed. I also really liked the other tones I could pull out of it. A whole range of subtle to lush to wacky. It's a really good sounding and fun pedal. Also, I think there is supposed to be an 'Ultimate Cosmichorus' in the works... I haven't kept up with those developments though, since I've discovered (or accepted... Lol.) that a modulated delay can fill my need for chorus most of the time. That said, I still might pick up another CE-1 in the future and mod it to have more headroom....

5. edgie

edgie Member

Thanks for the reply. From what I've read the main CE-1 clone is the Retrosonic so it's nice to read that the Cosmichorus can also compete with that. What I like about the Dr Scientist pedals is that they can be used for crazier effects compared to others.

6. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

You're welcome!

Yeah, that's why I chose the Cosmichorus over the Retrosonic.

7. edgie

edgie Member

Bumping this thread. Does anyone have experience of comparing the Cosmichorus to the lushness of the Arion SCH-1? I've already emailed Ryan but unfortunately he can't really answer this question as he doesn't have an Arion in his shop.

8. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=17251

@OP - I'll ask over on ILF's Dr. Scientist forums for you.

9. edgie

edgie Member

Thanks. I also joined there just yesterday, it seems a great forum too.