• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Cost effective guitar multi line mixer suggestions?

neu18

Silver Supporting Member
Hi,

CAE obviously makes the best midi relay switching system. But I was wondering if there's something cheaper I could still use in the meantime.

I want to blend multiple 100% modulated signals (a few delays and chorus) with 100% dry guitar signal in a series configuration.

Some of my effects I can control the output level of the 100% modulated signal, but others I can only kill the dry signal without having control of the overall level, and some don't even kill the dry signal completely.

Does anyone know how I would achieve this?

For example:

Guitar-->mixed with 100% delay one (level of delay controlled on pedal)-->100% of delay 2-->etc

jamesie

take a look at the voodoo lab website - i think they are making such stuff for what you are looking for

MartinCliffe

Although I wouldn't agree that CAE make the best MIDI relay switching system these days (there's a reason why all the pro rack builders are using RJM Music Effect Gizmos), I'm not altogether clear what it is you're trying to do. Conventional use of a line mixer is in parallel, splitting the signal out to several devices then bringing them together at the mixer, not feeding one delay into another etc. Various companies make small line mixers for this purpose - I use the RJM Mini Line Mixer which is a 4x4x1.5 unit capable of mixing up to 4 mono or stereo inputs to a single output with level control.

I think the only products that would give you all the control it sounds like you're looking for are not relay based at all, but programmable matrix mixers. The only ones I know of are the Sound Sculpture Switchblade and the SSL X-Patch.

neu18

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not altogether clear what it is you're trying to do.
Imagine this:

Guitar-->lehle parallel 1*-->lehle parallel 2**-->amp.

*diamond memory lane with only the delay signal
**strymon timeline with only the delay signal

So that way what's going into lehle parallel 2 is the dry signal and the delay signal of the first loop.

The rationale is that it would give a purer tone going into the second loop and your amp.

The conventional series setup looks like this:

Guitar-->Delay 1-->Delay 2-->amp

the problem with this is that your guitar dry signal is going through 2 delay pedals and your tone is getting sucked.

Is that more clear?

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I can envision a fairly inexpensive solution to your problem: set up a looper with parallel looping and the on/off switching done by relays controlled by 1/4" ins. Then use a Midi Mitigator or Sholz Octopus to turn the relays on/off.

neu18

Silver Supporting Member
would this mix all the effects at the end? I want one delay (mixed with the dry signal) feeding another.

What I want

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Typical parallel setup (not what I want)

Typical tone sucking series setup (what I have)

Last edited:

Trending Topics