COT Blue vs COT Red

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rewog, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rewog

rewog Member

Has anyone had the chance to do a back to back between The Cot Red and Blue yet ?
    I am wondering how much difference there is.

2. TimH

TimH Member

try the search function. It's been covered a few times.

3. rewog

rewog Member

Actually - there's only one comment in that whole thread from someone that has actually compared both.

4. TimH

TimH Member

dude the first two guys in the thread quote directly from the builder as to what the differences are. Most of the posts make reference to this. I don't know if you get much more experienced about the differences between two pedals than by asking the builder what he thinks and how he designed them. But hey, I don't know much.

5. MrSage

MrSage Member

Yeah, the "more bass, less gain" pretty much covered the differences for me!

6. rewog

rewog Member

Well Dude, let's just buy pedals based on what the builder says shall we ??
    Really no need to discuss them on forums is there ??

While I have great respect for Sean, I am still interested in hearing from any of the pedal users here, whose opinions I also respect (that's why I come here). We all have different gear, ears and taste.

So my question before you tried to hijack the thread is simply this:-
    Has anyone odered and received one of the NEW Cot Blues, and then directly compared it to their existing Cot Red.
    I would be very interested in hearing your opinion on similarities and differences.

7. muddy

muddy Member

i'm with you. i'd like to hear from some players, too. i've been asking sean to make me a cot50 minus the component that dials in all that treble when you turn it past 3:00, something with a bit more bass, for AGES!!! but he always avoided it. i'd love to know if this blue one fulfills the promise.

ml

8. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

Mud, try a CoT Blue or the 2nd version of the 1 knob Balance (I have 2 and they are killer!).

9. michaelg

michaelg Member

i just went to check out a cot blue and can't find it on the lovepedal site? are they still available?

10. basscracker

basscracker Guest

gone,now were waiting on the lil china COT50.

11. michaelg

michaelg Member

12. basscracker

basscracker Guest

it probably went where i see the SCOT60 thread going,in the trash.

13. michaelg

michaelg Member

Really? No longer available, discontinued, why? I thought something was wrong when I noticed jpagey and magicboy deleted all of their posts about the cot blue. I wonder if that is possibly damage control?

There was a lot of talk about that pedal too and i really wanted one!! Is the li china anything like the cot blue?

14. basscracker

basscracker Guest

i highly doubt there was anything wrong with the blue,bet you its a killer pedal.probably was just time to move on to the lil china,kind of the way it seems to work.

15. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

COT blue is 5 weeks backordered..

I will make them available again when this BLUE batch is shipped..
    Not sure I can offer for $150 again, maybe.. :)

16. michaelg

michaelg Member

I do not understand why you took the pedal off your site when it is only back ordered? The eternity is backordered 6 weeks and is still up? I went to do some research on the pedal and the differences between the red and the blue and saw all posts and comments have been deleted, the trail is gone. I do not remember anything in the posts which would have led someone to erase them, its kinda fishy? What is the difference? can i still order one? please?

I tried to send you an email, but you have no address listed on your site?

17. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

I think that thread got weird somewhere.. I never posted in it.. I woke up one day and it was gone.. The BLUE was on sale for $150 for 2 weeks..

I dont not have the corrcet parts to continue past my backorder and will not have them for 4 to 5 weeks..

The Eternity is also not available at this time..

18. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

OK, so what WAS the difference? The led................ What will be the difference in the Lil china COT50?

19. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

What?

When did the "COT 50 Blue: What is it thread?" get weird? Wow! This is a bit like the price of the Eternity thread being locked. Lovepedals seem to arouse a lot of opinions. I'm surprised at the level of authority control on this site. Free speach!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.