• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Cot50 and El Capistan (solo guitar)

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Really nice! great touch, kind of like a dirty Bill Frisell type song.

orogeny

strange.

never seen your stuff before. . . and now i've stumbled onto two of your vids in 24 hours (other was semaphore. . . best vid of that pedal).

i dig your touch on the guitar.

cot sounds quite like a fuzz. . . never listened to one before. totally has that flubby/loose bass. . . nice texture.

also nice to finally hear the delay in a context related to how i would use it most. still ain't bitin' on that f*cker though!!!!!

just wanted to pop in and say i dig your stuff herm. . . up there with the best of the vids i've seen.

MHermans

strange.

never seen your stuff before. . . and now i've stumbled onto two of your vids in 24 hours (other was semaphore. . . best vid of that pedal).

i dig your touch on the guitar.

cot sounds quite like a fuzz. . . never listened to one before. totally has that flubby/loose bass. . . nice texture.

also nice to finally hear the delay in a context related to how i would use it most. still ain't bitin' on that f*cker though!!!!!

just wanted to pop in and say i dig your stuff herm. . . up there with the best of the vids i've seen.
Thanks a lot. I LOVE the El Capistan. I also bought a Brigadier to see which one I would like more. It was a very hard choice to make. I would have kept both if I had the cash. I'll probably re-buy the Brigadier again. My 2 favorite delay pedals and I've been through a lot of them.

The Cot50 is very unique. I like it because it's so different from the other ods I use. I like how when you dig in it roars. You can't tell from the video, but you can feel the roar when you are playing it live. It is kind of fuzzy....Really cool pedal....

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
my 2 fave pedals! Sounds great as always MHermans! How are you liking the COT, keeper?

cheers
Edit: nevermind!

MHermans

my 2 fave pedals! Sounds great as always MHermans! How are you liking the COT, keeper?

cheers
Definite keeper. I missed the $50 cot50 but someone was selling it on ebay for under $100. I thought that was still a pretty good deal so I grabbed it. I think you recommended it to me, right? If you did, thanks. It's really fun to play and very dynamic....

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah dynamic's the word.....i don't know if any other pedal i've played can quite match it in that department. Glad you like it, i don't normally play mine with Fender amps, only one i have current is a silverface Champ, so i wasn't sure if it would be to bright with your Princeton. Sounds good from here tho!

cheers

MHermans

Yeah dynamic's the word.....i don't know if any other pedal i've played can quite match it in that department. Glad you like it, i don't normally play mine with Fender amps, only one i have current is a silverface Champ, so i wasn't sure if it would be to bright with your Princeton. Sounds good from here tho!

cheers
Yeah, I can't wait to try it through my maz 18 tomorrow night... Didn't think it would sound that good through my princeton because I've heard that before, but it works well. I can tell it's going to kill with the maz....

orogeny

Thanks a lot. I LOVE the El Capistan. I also bought a Brigadier to see which one I would like more. It was a very hard choice to make. I would have kept both if I had the cash. I'll probably re-buy the Brigadier again. My 2 favorite delay pedals and I've been through a lot of them.

The Cot50 is very unique. I like it because it's so different from the other ods I use. I like how when you dig in it roars. You can't tell from the video, but you can feel the roar when you are playing it live. It is kind of fuzzy....Really cool pedal....
funny. . . i've always leaned towards the brigadier b/c of the memory man claims (still have and use a DMM).

what made you pick the capistan?

MHermans

funny. . . i've always leaned towards the brigadier b/c of the memory man claims (still have and use a DMM).

what made you pick the capistan?
I liked them both equally! But I had a hard time turning the Capistan off. When you turn the knobs into their higher settings, you get this incredible cathedral type sound. Maybe it's more versatile? The brigadier I liked because it has a more "focused?" type sound. Like I said, when I have the cash, I'll buy it again.... I think they are both worth $300. I liked the Brigadier more than the Memory Lane...

Both Strymons have the ability to stay out of the way of your playing, which other delays have a hard time doing.... Like you almost don't know it's on with more subtle settings, but it adds SO much...

Hope that helps.

YOGA64

Silver Supporting Member
I liked them both equally! But I had a hard time turning the Capistan off. When you turn the knobs into their higher settings, you get this incredible cathedral type sound. Maybe it's more versatile? The brigadier I liked because it has a more "focused?" type sound. Like I said, when I have the cash, I'll buy it again.... I think they are both worth $300. I liked the Brigadier more than the Memory Lane...

Both Strymons have the ability to stay out of the way of your playing, which other delays have a hard time doing.... Like you almost don't know it's on with more subtle settings, but it adds SO much...

Hope that helps.
Love your tune! :bow

Same question:
I like both pedals, but can't afford them both, so, given that I like an Eric Johnson type lead delay, and I LOVE vintage John Martyn Echoplex swells and delays, which of the two pedals would be a better choice in your experience?

Top Bottom