Could a Warmoth neck be incompatible with a MIM Fender Strat Body

galibier_un

Supporting Member
Perhaps I misread your frustration as a comment that you're ready to give up. You've thrown money at the problem (Babicz bridge - not that it isn't purportedly good), instead of getting a good reference. It's that simple.

Off the top of my head, there are three people on this thread who could likely get your guitar singing within 45 minutes (add some time if nut work or fret touch-ups are involved).

Take a deep breath, and start by telling us what city/state you want to find a tech, and re-title the thread to "Looking for Good Guitar Tech in State, City" so you can cast a broader net.

I'd also edit the first post to that effect, so new people who are seeing it will quickly understand what you need (not an answer to Warmoth compatibility), and get you pointed in the right direction.

... Thom

middy

Can you measure the depth of the neck pocket in that body? It should work like a charm unless that body is bogus maybe.

hangten

Silver Supporting Member
try a shim. I put a Warmoth neck on a MIM strat body and had to shim it to solve this very problem.
Now it's my favorite strat.

Tone_Terrific

Supporting Member
Did you shim the headstock end of the neck pocket?
The quick and dirty fix:
4 screw neck-
-back off the screws
-cut about 3/8" off the pointy end, then slide a fender medium pick in from the head side
-tighten all 4 screws
-readjust saddles
Too high? use a thicker pick.
Too low? use a thinner one.
Take guitar to a tech for a more sophisticated permanent fix when convenient.

The quick and dirty fix:
4 screw neck-
-back off the screws
-cut about 3/8" off the pointy end, then slide a fender medium pick in from the head side
-tighten all 4 screws
-readjust saddles
Too high? use a thicker pick.
Too low? use a thinner one.
Take guitar to a tech for a more sophisticated permanent fix when convenient.
Just got home and tried this. A front side shim is definitely the solution!

Thank you

Muttlyboy

Silver Supporting Member
I put a Babicz bridge on it because I read that it was taller. The G string is at max on that.

I took the neck off tonight and the holes through the body are tight and threaded. I will drill those out.
I was just looking at the Babicz Website.

I see that they sell a shim kit for installation under the Tele bridge for when you might need some more string height.
They actually mentioned Warmoth type kit guitars.

Mr Fingers

Both should fit fine, and this sounds like something proper shimming and setup -- that is, basic tech -- would fix. Seems like the issue is with incompetent humans, not inanimate pieces of wood. Mim bodies are consistent, and Warmoth thrives on delivering drop in replacements, so it would be a huge and unusual surprise to have either part be the problem.

Trending Topics