• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Could I get a MIA acoustic under 1000

blastastick

You could get a Canadian made Seagull, or nused larivee. Each which are great values, and use good woods.

zookroo1

You get get a really nice guitar for that price, especially with a used guitar. A lot of good recommendations already. Also check out Taylor 3 and 4 series. Each company has a different sound and feel, so play different guitars and figure out the style you like best. Good luck!

Brian

tbp0701

The Martin 15 Series. Also, Tacoma 9s (like the DM-9) and Taylor 2xxs (like the 214). Up until a few years ago, all of these were made in the US, were all solid wood, and were new for under $1,000. Now I think only the Martin 15-series is, but there's the used market.

And, as others have said, if you expand that to North America, there's also the Larrivee -03 series. I believe the 05 and up are made in the US. And, of course, the LaSiDo/Godin guitars (Seagull, Simon & Patrick, etc.)

bynt

early tacomas are the first thing I thought of.

Exactly. I got mine (pre-Fender) for 650.00. It's a beast!!!! I love that guitar. It sits somewhere between a Taylor and a Martin stereotypically speaking and is just amazing.

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
I believe there's a Guild dread under a grand, and I've been really impressed with all the MIA Guilds I've played lately.

jay42

You absolutely, positively, must buy a used guitar. There are a lot of people cutting back on their collections. Take advantage of it. Some of these guitars -- Martins, Taylors, Collings, et al, will be in showroom condition.

John C

Gold Supporting Member
More of a question than an answer - but what about the Taylor 100 series and 200 series?

I think I read somewhere that the 100 series was made south of the border in Mexico, but I don't remember where or if that was an accurate source. Also, I've never seen anything about where the 200 series is made.

If the Taylor 200s are USA, they would be under $1,000 and fit the bill.

jay42

You should be able to get an 80's or 90's Taylor 510 for under $1,000, and probably in nice condition.

Taylor 339

More of a question than an answer - but what about the Taylor 100 series and 200 series?

I think I read somewhere that the 100 series was made south of the border in Mexico, but I don't remember where or if that was an accurate source. Also, I've never seen anything about where the 200 series is made.

If the Taylor 200s are USA, they would be under $1,000 and fit the bill.
Beginning in 2007 I believe, the 100 and 200 series Taylors are MIM. About 30 miles south of the Taylor facility in CA from what I understand. The MIM 100/200 series get rave reviews on the Taylor forum. I am very happy with my new 210e. You can pick up a new 210/214 for under 1K.

Trending Topics