could I used a loooper for tap tempo?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TimH, Jan 30, 2012.

1. TimH

TimH Member

I've got a 1 loop loooper sitting in my bag of dead gear. Can anyone say if I'd be able to use it as a tap tempo switch or not?

2. jkokura

jkokura Member

Not likely. It's probably a latching 3PDT switch. Most tap tempos are momentary SPST switches.

However, with some modification I bet you can use the enclosure as one. However, it would be sort of a silly step to take to modify it so largely when you could easily build a tap tempo box for a few bucks.

Jacob

3. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

You can easily mod it with a momentary switch, then you would have a tap tempo with 4 separate jacks.

4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

You'd need to check whether the gear you're tapping needs an Always open or Always closed tap tempo, then install the right kind...

5. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

You know, depending on how big your looper is, you can maybe just drill another two holes for the extra SPST and TRS jack.

6. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

You can modify the looper. You would have to bypass the loop and then replace the switch w/ a momentary switch and solder the connections to only one of the jacks and remove the other jack.