Could it really be... Zvex Delay???

zachary vex

i am EXTREMELY uneducated when it comes to this stuff. so please feel free to make me feel real real dumb if i'm wrong. but wouldn't this rule out delay? in particular, delay with modulation? i feel like from what i've heard, delay and modulation draw lots of current. and a delay WITH mod BY ZVex, i feel, would draw substantially more than 100mA. of course i'm more than likely super wrong, and i don't quite understand why i am actually posting this right now, but hopefully, i'll at least learn something.

I don't know for sure how much current a typical delay draws, but I'd guess a bit less than 100mA. Some can run on batteries. I know the Princeton chip is rated lower than 100mA. Delays and reverbs are notorious for low battery life, however, so you're right about them drawing a bunch of power.

zachary vex

Schumann has nothing to fear from me. Although he may wish one of these new things I'm making, so his wallet may have something to fear. Or maybe we can barter. 8^)

Yr Blues

Schumann has nothing to fear from me. Although he may wish one of these new things I'm making, so his wallet may have something to fear. Or maybe we can barter. 8^)

Ok, My second guess is a signal oompher. It oomphs with your signal. :dunno And half of the knobs are just for show. They do nothing.

I don't know for sure how much current a typical delay draws, but I'd guess a bit less than 100mA. Some can run on batteries. I know the Princeton chip is rated lower than 100mA. Delays and reverbs are notorious for low battery life, however, so you're right about them drawing a bunch of power.

Ha. Well done sir. You managed to agree with and confirm his statement without actually commiting to whether or not this new monster is a Delay

yellowecho

photo-10.jpg
i can't get this thing out of my head!!

ok, here's what i'm hoping for:
footswitch (L)- tap tempo
footswitch (R)- bypass/on
minitoggle (L)- dotted eighth, normal, thirds
minitoggle (R)- effect type selection (white noise, lowpass filter, highpass filter)
knob1- mix (blend guitar and delay)
knob2- feedback
knob3- blend (blend between modulation sequence and delay)
knob4- sequence speed

the additional enclosure would be a sequencer that controls the modulation of the delay... but with the blend knob, you can decide if you want the effect heavier on the modulation side or on the delay side. i know i'm not correct, but it'd be fun!
the colored LEDs still blow my mind.

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
its multi effects, he's created many others (delay, phaser, etc) that work in the sequencer format, and you can pop in a card to do any two at a time, or maybe more, with a built in SHO unit

kldonegan

What if it is a multi effect!!??!?!??

The box with the foot switches might be an on/off switch, a "step through" switch to choose your effect (like the ringtone switch) and the knobs and leds could be indicators and separate volumes for each. The other box would be controls.

Switchable by plugging in different, prebuilt circuit boards.

If it's this, or even if it is something else entirely, I will do two things: 1.) **** my pants. 2.) Make room on my board.

yellowecho

The box with the foot switches might be an on/off switch, a "step through" switch to choose your effect (like the ringtone switch) and the knobs and leds could be indicators and separate volumes for each.

yeah, i thought about one footswitch "stepping" through different effects like the ringtone as well, but then i asked myself "self, why would such a footswtitch need an LED?". my head hurts.

rawkguitarist

I agree, it don't look cheap...

Since it's from Zvex, it's gonna be cool, no matter what. If it's a delay, with tap tempo, and other things... I'm certainly interested.

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
hey zach do you know when it will be available for purchase? namm or is that still months away? thanks

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
ahhh good to hear, gives me time to recuperate from christmas and save some more moolah!!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom