Could someone explain this to me please?

bilbal

Please look at the picture supplied. It is a mod that can be done to a Bogner Shiva to increase the gain on the second channel. Is it as easy as it looks to do this and what exactly do I need to do...parts,tools, etc... I am not electronically gifted by any stretch of the imagination but I like the idea of getting more gain out of my Shiva.

Thank you,
Bill (bilbal)

Blue Strat

Unless I'm missing something, you connect and solder a short wire to each end of that 470K resistor, effectively removing the resistor from the circuit and bypassing it.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS YOURSELF unless you're very experienced at soldering printed circuit boards.

Blue Strat

Can I just use a clip to jump the resistor to test it out first??

Theoretically yes. The problem is that if the wire is long enough (it's impossible to say how long is too long), it will act like an antenna and could inject noise and all sorts of mayhem could ensue.

It won't damage anything though, so it's worth a shot. Just keep the volumes down to start.

Dave C

Yes , jumper it to test. You'll need a piece of wire , soldering iron , solder and a pair of needle nose pliers . If you are at all concerned about doing this yourself....give me a shout , I'm close , I'll do it for ya.

bilbal

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate it. Dave, I may take you up on your offer. Please give me a call when you have a minute and perhaps we could arrange a meeting. I am not comfortable at all with doing anything that involves electricity or electronics. I have been afraid of it since I was little (electricity)

How much of a gain increase will there be? Is there any way to know this in advance?

thanks again,
Bill (860) 857-9849

Blue Strat

How much of a gain increase will there be? Is there any way to know this in advance?

thanks again,
Bill (860) 857-9849

With a schematic we could tell you the numerical gain increase, but that wouldn't tell you what it will sound like.

Some things just have to be tried. This is one of them.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom