• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Could someone help me find this Buckcherry sound

aerochris

I'm trying to copy this sound with my gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cb7mY_6Qvs

I'm mostly looking for the main part of Crazy Bitch. For some reason, I just cannot duplicate it. I'm not quite as concerned about the wah part. Just the main overdrive part. Do you think I need a certain pedal or something?

In case it helps, here is a list of my gear:

Guitars:
1998 Gibson LP Joe Perry model
Custom Strat w/ Invader humbucker
Floyd Rose II Strat w/ standard humbucker

Amps:
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
Epiphone Valve Jr, Marshall Mod
Crate VC2110R

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

smoss469

I think they use Marshall's and Budda amps. That's most likely a large part of their sound.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
what's a "marshall mod"?

that sound is all about old-school marshall, like 2203 jcm 800s or even plexi-type non-master volume heads cranked.

aerochris

Thanks for the replies. That valve jr has just been modified with a new transformer and some circuit board work so it will sound like a Marshall.

Are there pedals that replicate this sound?

scott1568

I would look for a Plexi style pedal, there are many out there like Box of Rock. Carl Martin does a Plexi pedal as well as Wampler.

ZOT!

I think the key component in the "Crazy Bitch" sound is the Chauvinist Pig pedal set to 11. Ozzy used it on "Crazy Train" because he really hates trains, and thinks they are inferior to cars.

mowatsmith

I got to do a really, really fun Canadian tour across the country with these guys. They were a blast, (from what I remember...the details are purty hazy) and had some killer gear.

Keith has an amazing Zematis collection and the newest guy, Stevie had some great stories about chess records, Miles Davis and Pete Cosey. He could also slay with that Lester into the Budda! Awesome player and dude, even though it might not not translate onto the radio stuff.

Bren