Could you live with one electric one acoustic?

still.ill

I have 4 electrics,
Gibson ES-335 Cherry Dot Gloss
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Rickenbacker 330
Schecter C-1 blackjack

2 acoustics--
Taylor 310
Taylor 110

For the past 5 months i've just been reaching for the 335 every time i want to play electric, and the 310 when i want to play acoustic because of the easier/wider nut for fingerpicking. the 335 just sounds so much better than all of my other electrics with its '57 classic bridge and seymour duncan 59 neck,
and i am contemplating selling everything except those 2... and then maybe buy a martin 00015m---- so maybe 1 electric, 2 acoustics

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Gibson LP Traditional, 2 strats , 2 Martins, (d18 and d35) and a Gibby 335 . I play the 335 almost exclusively cuz its so good. My acoustics get alternated, but mostly its the D18. I dont think I could do with just 1 of each for long , but if I had to it would be the 335 and D18.

Paleolith54

I have 4 electrics,
Gibson ES-335 Cherry Dot Gloss
Fender American Deluxe Telecaster
Rickenbacker 330
Schecter C-1 blackjack

2 acoustics--
Taylor 310
Taylor 110

For the past 5 months i've just been reaching for the 335 every time i want to play electric, and the 310 when i want to play acoustic because of the easier/wider nut for fingerpicking. the 335 just sounds so much better than all of my other electrics with its '57 classic bridge and seymour duncan 59 neck,
and i am contemplating selling everything except those 2... and then maybe buy a martin 00015m---- so maybe 1 electric, 2 acoustics
Easily, if they're the right two. For me that's an Anderson Drop Top Classic with M-series pickups and an Anderson Crowdster. I can cover all the ground I'm interested in with them. I keep a second electric strictly as a back-up.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Easily, if they're the right two. For me that's an Anderson Drop Top Classic with M-series pickups and an Anderson Crowdster. I can cover all the ground I'm interested in with them. I keep a second electric strictly as a back-up.
Excellent choice!

I could, too. I have currently one acoustic, one hybrid, two electrics. That's as far as I'm a-gonna go...

winterblu

Silver Supporting Member
I have done so for many years in the past. I do have 2 electrics now though and 1 acoustic.

Recent financial hardships have forced me into this very position.
I'm not dead yet, though I do wake up with strange new aches from time to time.

Headshok

I am currently. Due to my wife having some severe medical problems I had to purge everything...guitars, amps...But have since got an Epi G400 and a cheap Kona acoustic. They may not be the best but they do the job and continue to let me enjoy the guitar learning process.

I am currently. Due to my wife having some severe medical problems I had to purge everything...guitars, amps...But have since got an Epi G400 and a cheap Kona acoustic. They may not be the best but they do the job and continue to let me enjoy the guitar learning process.
Man, apparently it sucks to be in Alabama :)
I'm working with a squier '51 and a wechter acoustic I got on clearance. I feel your pain, brother.

Sweat

Gold Supporting Member
Yes I could live with just one each, I have seven electrics and one acoustic but could easily use my number one electric and get rid of the rest, while I like my acoustic I would probably get a different one under the one and one hypothetical.

cskyle

I have one great acoustic (Gibson Custom J45) and have never felt the need for another.
If it was just one electric it would be my Custom Shop '60 Strat Relic or the Gretsch 6118.
I do like having a few choices of amps though.

KWthinline

I could but it would be a hard choice between my Telecaster or my Stratocaster as far as electrics and my nylon classical or my OM steel string...

luv

Of course I could, but I have no need to. If I did have to, I'd have a much nicer acoustic than I do now.

ixnay

I could live with zero if I had to.

Guitars are luxury items. No one really needs one (except maybe a professional guitarist).

texstrat

Silver Supporting Member
I consider my Fender CS strat and my Martin D16GT necessities. All other guitars are just wants, but that's fine, I've worked hard to get where I am and wants are justifiable.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I could live with zero if I had to.

Guitars are luxury items. No one really needs one (except maybe a professional guitarist).

TGP heresy. I'm reporting you to the authorities...