Country Rap is a thing now...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by 2HBStrat, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utterhack

utterhack Member

Can't believe we got to page 7 without this:

2. 55hz

55hz Member

3. Steve1216

Steve1216 Supporting Member

This is beyond ludicrous. Talk about bias bordering on idiocy. How many rappers do you think improvise lyrics? LOLOL. First off, that’s not the level I’m talking about. But if I were talking about improvisation, it would still be light years easier for a novice to choose and speak phrases in time with a beat on the spot than it would for a non musician to improvise anything resembling a purposeful melody in the correct key (pitch: yet another thing you don’t have to worry about with rap since it’s literally just talking) on a guitar. Give me a break. ‘Original flow. :spit

4. Ken Whisler

Ken Whisler Member

On the juke box at the bar I used to play in Hutchinson KS in the early 90’s:

5. Steve1216

Suspicious of what? Cmon, don’t be shy. I would love you guys to just come out and make the wild accusation that you are insinuating and the exact logic you are basing it on. Maybe you realize saying it outright and trying to back it up would sound really stupid?

6. Steve1216

A) prove it. Or, B) ok, dumb down rock even more and it becomes rock. What’s your point?

My issue is that I dislike it. I’m pretty sure I have the authority to decide that ‘issue’ and express it however I like. Sole authority, actually. But now that I think about it, it’s a pretty dumb notion that you have to love something to know objective things about it. Im curious what your thoughts are on the Serial killers.

7. Steve1216

B.. but.. but... people are suspicious!

8. lang.murphy

lang.murphy Member

I’m late to this thread. Read all posts. My 2 cents:

I listened to the entire track “Country Living.” The thing I disliked most about it was the electronic hand claps on 2 & 4. Would I listen to it again? Not too likely. Because...

Music, for me, has always been about the song.

So: do I like the song? If yes, I hope I also like the artist’s talent. If I don’t like the song, all the talent in the world won’t sway me to appreciate that song, regardless of the genre.

BTW... I love “Old Town Road.” Other Lil Nas X tracks? Naw...

Starquasi likes this.
  9. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

You know a style of music has really hit rock bottom when they have to resort to that to appeal to the masses.
    It wasn't bad enough they went to doing bad pop with whiny singers that all were trying to sound like each other, but now they have to resort to something so completely remote from country.
    Country "music" is obviously pandering to the lowest common denominator, and is now not country and barely passes as music.

10. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

What SHOULD younger artists in the field of country music do?

OM Flyer likes this.
  11. Laketta

Laketta Member

12. Laketta

Laketta Member

13. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Silver Supporting Member

I wonder if some of those formulative "Bro Country" songwriters suddenly feel like Warrant when the band walked into their label's offices one day and saw Nirvana posters on the wall; realizing right then and there that the hair metal era was over.

Bobby D likes this.
  14. Dr Bonkers

Dr Bonkers Vendor

15. OM Flyer

OM Flyer Member

I'll be sure to pass that along to the management.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  16. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

This time, it is different.

None of the other genres were completely worthless, quite the way Nashville Pop is worthless. And so, when this is combined with rap, the result is going to feast on itself like acid added to alkaline and when the process is over, there will be nothing but a clean surface - all the waste will simply be gone.

Eric Rowland likes this.
  17. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Member

Which is it? Or is it only with music that you like?

18. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

How about, .... things that pertain to COUNTRY and things that at least to some degree resemble MUSIC?
    Country music has never quite been Beethoven but it certainly , even at its' most base points, has had more of a level of ability than mumbling absurdities in monotone over a drum machine.

19. Rockledge

Rockledge Member

The first criteria is that it would have to actually BE music. Without the definition of music needing to be stretched in order to try to call it music.

20. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Member

It's classified, created, sold and consumed as music. It's performed as music. It's enjoyed as music.

People just having fun listening to music. I guess that's only when you like it though.

27sauce and OM Flyer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.