• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

"Country to the Bone"

suckamc

http://www.darrinmorrisband.com/#!turn-it-up/ca5e

All the electrics are me. I don't know those guys, though (heard they're super cool, though). All tones are Lentz stuff into a Kemper. Think a Rockett Led Boots was in there, too. It's written down somewhere. Anyway, it's that heavy country sound that's so en vogue right now. Solo at 2:00, for what that's worth.

Say what you will about how new country isn't really "country", but from an arranging standpoint, heavy guitars and banjos go together really really well.

Last edited:

jtindle

I like it! Lyrics are country to the bone(pun intended) but I like the overdriven guitar. Everyone trashes the direction country music has taken but if it's got rockin guitar in it, I'll take it.
Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
Modern country music has really been missing a song like this. We need country songs about being country. Very meta.

Last edited:

EricPeterson

Not my style of country, but it did sound very well arranged and put together, and the guitar playing was great.

gibson3798

Obligatory pickup truck and ice cold beer in the first nine words. I paused it after that, couldn't wait for the red sun dress or gettin' mud on the tires, but was pretty sure it was coming.

A shame a talented musician has to write that to be listened to in country music. You have a great guitar driven sound and nice voice.

You're doing everything right to be on country radio.

drgonzoguitar

Great playing, Mark! The tones are sick!

As far as the song itself….let's say I am sick of the "I'm more country than you" constant theme for male artists. It has to stop soon.

suckamc

Oh, it's not me singing, Gibson3798. I was just hired to play the electric stuff. Definitely not my song.

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
The playing was great, love the tone. But the song was total dreck. Sorry.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom