Craft bourbon; I always suspected as much...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Lucky Jack, May 6, 2015.

1. Nickstrtcstr

Nickstrtcstr Lactose Intolerant Guitar Slinger

Not surprised at all.

2. jhc

jhc Senior Member

There was another thread, maybe a year ago, that talked about how a lot of purported "craft" distilleries got their whiskey from the same huge supplier.

3. DrewH

DrewH Member

bourbon is foul tasting sh&t. Never understood bourbon drinkers... or scotch drinkers for that matter. Ick. May as well be putting your lips up to a gas can or can of paint thinner.

4. spyeman

spyeman Supporting Member

I'm a bourbon drinker. I don't know what your favorite drink is, but it tastes like it dribbled out of my ass after a buffet at Taco Bell.

5. esmith747

esmith747 Member

This encapsulates every forum response ever. No one asked for an opinion, but one was given. Personal preferences were questioned and a large portion of the world are "idiots".

I drink bourbon. You're mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberry.

6. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

Does anyone not know that Knob Creek and Bulleit are owned by big brands? :huh

We're spoiled here in Colorado. Real, independent, small batch distilleries and breweries on every corner. I just bought a bottle of bourbon that was made from Palisade grains, distilled and aged entirely in my zip code. Cool stuff.

7. Fred Farkus

Fred Farkus Gold Supporting Member

Stupid is as douchebag does.

8. Stike

Stike Member

That was totally spot on, very well said.

I drink bourbon too. Also, NERD!!!!

I like Python too, just dropping a little satire.

9. aynirar27

aynirar27 All You Need Is Rock and Roll Gold Supporting Member

there are distilleries all over the country that distill their own, and there are distilleries all over that source their bourbon, its no big deal really. Good bourbon takes time and is expensive to make so many companies, especially young ones,source their product for a while until their own product is ready. If someone wants to put out a 6yr bourbon, they would literally have zero income coming in the first 6 years they are open.
    what it really comes down to is that people expect "craft" to mean something its not. Sure knob creek is made by jim beam, but its a totally different mash bill and procedure than Jim Beam. Or Bulliet, they are owned by a bigger company, has their product distilled by four roses to their own specifications, and then aged at their own facility, that doesn't make it any less "craft" than other companies, its just on a bigger and cost effective scale.

10. Fred Farkus

Fred Farkus Gold Supporting Member

Forget "craft". I want "artisan". People who fall for fancy adjectives are idiots.

[​IMG]

11. Nickstrtcstr

Nickstrtcstr Lactose Intolerant Guitar Slinger

How many 'fuzzy navels' deep were you when you posted this?

Resonance7 likes this.
  12. s2y

s2y Member

We went from zero distilleries to 3 over a few years. The first one made some whiskey right away and put it in barrels for 3 years. They also made vodka right away since it's a much quicker product.

13. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

wait, waht? Taco Bell has a buffet?!?!?!:drool

14. DrewH

DrewH Member

Ok...and this too represents a typical forum response. Someone becomes overly sensitive to a response from a random individual whom you'll never ever meet in your life and has no impact in your life...but you'll still become offended to the point of hurling insults...when in fact, I never insulted anyone, just offered my opinion. I apologize for violating the unwritten rule of not being allowed to offer an opinion to a forum post. This is the problem with TGP and forums in general. You guys take this stuff WAY to seriously. Its a forum. Who cares about someones random opinion. If you don't like something, ignore it and carry on with your day. I merely said that Bourbon is swill...as are other distilled beverages. I'm entitled to have an opinion and express it. Until there is a rule on TGP that bars opinions from being stated, then I'll continue to state my opinions, and you'll have to deal with it in your overly sensitive way.

15. VicAjax

VicAjax Male Supermodel

In my opinion, you have an unsophisticated palate. :console

16. Schweezly

Schweezly Member

Stranahans is probably my favorite out there. It's a little harder to find here, may have to go pick up a bottle this week :aok

17. DrewH

DrewH Member

I don't like wine either...so that is quite possible.

18. habanaerosmith

habanaerosmith Member

I guess you and I won't be fighting over the last Shirley Temple :rotflmao

19. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

:roll