Craig David ROSS (Lenny Kravitz, LA Performer and producer) Gear

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Efisy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Efisy

Efisy Member

Hi everyone,

I am French (sorry for the bad quality of my English), I am a fan of
    Craig Ross, guitarist of Lenny Kravitz and I am looking for info on his
    Current equipment guitar gear.

I have seen a photo studio where Craig uses Divided by 13 amps (JRT9/15, FTR37, RSA31, RSA23 and I think a LDW39) pluged in 2 Fender Cabs according to the following image:
    [​IMG]

I would like to know what he amplifiers used on the new album Lenny Kravitz (It is time for a love revolution), and amps it will use on the next tour.
    You know? Fender, Vox, Dby13, Marshall? What models?

I also fell in love with one of his guitars. This is a Gibson Les Paul Standard Custom Shop 93's in Alpine White with a beautiful custom paint hand paint by ? artist or himself or the Gibson CS.
    Here is the guitar in question:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I search other pics of this guitar (of a larger size than the latter and of a higher quality) to better see the details of the Custom Artwork Hand Painted.

Thank you very much for your research and your help.

Best regards!

Nicolas from France

2. TroyHamilton

TroyHamilton Supporting Member

I haven't seen any pics, but hopefully if anyone has them they can post links out here.... that is a very sweet take on the typical white custom.

3. gtrfinder

gtrfinder Member

I think he needs some more gear in the studio.
    He didn't bring enough.

4. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Member

That's a pretty sweet setup. Must be nice....

5. Efisy

Efisy Member

I have a configuration roughly similar ... But more lighter
    [​IMG]
    + other effects + classic guitars + VoxAC30cc2x + Fender Hot Rod Blues Junior + MesaBoogie Roadking II

I need pictures of his LP Custom Shop with Alpine White Artwork because my guitartech will customize my LP Standard's 60 Red Wine in the same type.
    Similar Artwork in white / cream + binding on the head + nacre on cover-trussrod and new inlays on the handle keys

6. Efisy

Efisy Member

Is it true that Lenny Kravitz & Craig.D Ross had ordered from Fred Taccone
    26 heads+cabs Divided by 13 to tour 'it is time for a love revolution'?

I do not know the exact models but it seems they have ordered all Divided by 13 product references in double !!!!!!

During their recent performance it seems that behind the walls of Fakes Fenders' The Roxie 'Lenny and Craig used Divided by 13 and Marshall Plexi.

They fell in love would sound Divided by 13 after hearing the concerts Paul McCartney and Aerosmith!

7. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

I heard that Craig and Lenny put that order in sometime last year. I remember distinctly because I had ordered my /13 right around the same time; I remember there being an extended wait time becasue Fred had to build all of those amps! That's some crazy sh!t !!!

8. cugel

cugel Supporting Member

i would be happy with just that head of hair...

9. AmplifyMe

AmplifyMe Gold Supporting Member

I just saw him in Chicago and the tone was excellent and I loved the 335 he played through his rig. Could not see the d13 heads but a bunch of those refrigerator sized Fenders cabs on stage. They played at a very small venue here in Chicago (Riviera) too.
    Never really thought too much about Lenny and did not even know Craig, but I am hooked to his style and tone (vintage and vibey with a flavor of his own). As a side note I took my 12 year old son to see the show (his very first concert) and now he is growing his hair out exactly like Craig so I guess he made an impression on him too.

10. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

Craig Ross is great! One of my favorites for sure.

11. dk123123dk

dk123123dk Member

A few years ago my girlfriend and her friends dragged me to a Mix 98.5 concert. It's a radio station around here that plays mostly pop music. Saw Los Lonely Boys, John Mayer, and Lenny Kravitz among others. I was highly impressed with all three bands! I had liked Lenny's early music, but didn't really dig the more poppy stuff. Well he and Craig Ross changed my mind about that band! Great stuff! Too bad all the 13 - 16 year old girls had NO idea what they were hearing! They did go crazy when he sang " again " though.

Sorry I cannot comment on the gear. I was just sharing my new found love for Lenny and Craig Ross's music.

I'm sure they can't sound too bad with all that nice stuff tho!

dk

12. davebc

davebc Member

My best friend has been playing bass in Lenny band for about the last 14 years. Through him I met Craig. He is EXTREMELY underrated as a player, which I never understood; but I really believe his time is coming.

13. rastaman

rastaman Member

Craig is very under-rated. I saw him back on the Mama Said Tour when they opened for the Cult, I didn't know who Lenny Kravitz was at the time. Craig is a badass guitarist.

14. outtahear

outtahear Supporting Member

"Sideshow Bob" rocks...........

15. Peppy

Peppy Member

His time has come...compared to most of us.